Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 8:41:20 PM EDT
I have an lr308 that would jam more than 50% of the time.  See the video.

I had issues with an LR308 failing to feed more than 50% of the time.  The issue I found was the feed lips on the magazine (Gen 3 PMag) were long enough to cause issues.  As the bolt rode forward, it would push the round to the m4 feed ramp, then as the round hit the ramp, it would pivot around the front of the magazine lip- the front of the round rode up in to the chamber, and the rear of the round went down below the bolt, causing the bolt to ride over the rim of the round, and jam as seen.  The solution was to grind away the front of the magazine lip.  I took the magazine to a bench top grinder, and made no measurements nor did anything with precision.  You may need to find what works best for you.

https://youtu.be/zmvGjUL_mDw
Solved - Gen 3 PMAG DPMS LR308 failure to feed issue
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to post here because I read a lot for over a month, never saw anybody suggest this as a solution.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Fixed.  Sorry it’s have been over a year since I posted on ARF
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top