Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2023 3:48:07 PM EDT
Brand new rifle, all LMT parts except a geiselle trigger and a ergo grip.  The rifle has 92 rounds fired through it so far.  Upon firing a round the bolt will pull the empty case from the chamber and basically release it once it is out of the chamber, the carrier will go far enough back to start to chamber a live round from the mag but can't because now there is a case and a cartridge that are both in the gun.  We have tried M80 ball, 175 matchkings, 168 matchkings, several types of soft point hunting ammo 165 and 180.  We also used a slightly hot hand load to see if it didn't have enough energy to cycle.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The issue is the bolt or carrier, we used a new LMT carrier and the rifle cycled perfectly.  As soon as the original bolt and carrier is swapped back in the rifle chokes repeatedly.  I'm waiting for LMT to email back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The issue is the bolt or carrier, we used a new LMT carrier and the rifle cycled perfectly.  As soon as the original bolt and carrier is swapped back in the rifle chokes repeatedly.  I'm waiting for LMT to email back.
View Quote

Maybe an issue with the gas key.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMT QC has turned to shit lately. That said…they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LMT QC has turned to shit lately. That said…they will take care of you.
View Quote

Concur.  LMT has been having issues.  My last MARS-H had to go back because it wouldn't cycle. After 15 calls and over 300 rounds of working through their suggestions I told them to take the gun back and fix it.  They ended up having to replace everything in the upper chassis.  The did it one piece at a time so it took too long to get my gun back.  I was so frustrated with it I sold it on consignment at a local shop three days after I finally had it back from LMT.  It worked when it came back but was persona non grata to me at that point.

This is coming from a LMT apologist.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Expect delays.  They had barrels available for my repair, but when it came time to replace the BCG there was a long delay.

LMT also shipped me a complete 5.56 MRP upper chassis ... complete except it didn't' have the FA installed.  There is no way they test fired it, because the gas jetting back through the FA tunnel would have been dangerous and obvious.  Hang tag said it had been .
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My LMTs are sitting unloved a lot lately.  I've taken to just shooting Colt SOCOMs.  Better accuracy and haven't had a single Colt issue over 39 years of owning Colt ARs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My LMTs are sitting unloved a lot lately.  I've taken to just shooting Colt SOCOMs.  Better accuracy and haven't had a single Colt issue over 39 years of owning Colt ARs.
View Quote

My preference is Colt SOCOM’s for 5.56 and the MWS/MARS-H for .308 based cartridges. Both have been stellar for me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top