User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2020 10:10:49 PM EDT
Delete

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a big miss on QC. I'd wait for the response from LMT before making a decision. I would likely ask for a new end plate for free and do it myself and be done with it.

You just reminded me I need to order the parts to build a MARS-L stripped lower i got 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. Swing and a miss. Big time.

Even though a proper staking job is no big deal to do yourself, I’d probably give them a chance to make it right- unless you don’t have time to wait or don’t want to wait for the few days of return shipping.

In my own experience, LMT has shown me nothing but stellar CS.  Whatever route you choose, I would expect them to take care of you in short order.

ETA; if you don’t get a timely response via E-mail, I’d definitely give them a call.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT will make it right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
10 years ago I was a LMT fan boi but something happened to them over the years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
They will take care of it....

As good as the LMT rifles are, they have QC issues like everyone.  I purchased two MARS rifles from a gun shop on the Mississippi gulf coast, new in the box, watched them cut the tape.

Both rifles did not have an ambi charging handle, purchased at different times, about 5 months apart.  Contacted LMT and they took care of it, sent me charging handles for each one of them....
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Chuck up the lower, torque the castle nut, re-stake, done and done.  Should take 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Exorpmtech:
Chuck up the lower, torque the castle nut, re-stake, done and done.  Should take 5 minutes.
View Quote

+1 I wouldn’t bother sending it back for that. Torque & re-stake 2 min job.
Edit- Torque 42 ft lbs
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Exorpmtech:
Chuck up the lower, torque the castle nut, re-stake, done and done.  Should take 5 minutes.
View Quote

This.

The small dimple is normal on all their factory staking that I’ve seen. Side note though, they are some of the hardest castle nuts made.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I had issues with both LMT and KAC....but they have made it right when necessary.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ll update when I get a reply.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
No reply yet...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
LMT will make it right.  I ordered a pair of deeply discounted stripped barrels during the christmas sale.  One came with the barrel nut on backwards, on a fixed sight barrel.  They swapped it out in short order.  Even good manufacturers make mistakes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sent an email on their web, no answer. Sent a message on IG, finally got a reply. They asked where I bought it from. I told them. Their reply was “we will get you taken care of”. They didn’t ask for my personal info or anything. I’m in no hurry, I don’t have an upper at the moment so I haven’t called to bother yet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Call them.

They'll want to know it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I’d call in about it. When I’ve called in the past they’ve been very nice and helpful.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top