User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2021 7:37:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!

I also remain hopeful that one day you'll come out with a .308 P-mag fed version (not sure if there is any outer dimensional difference between the standard 308 pmag and the M118 version but if so the later would be nice if possible).

tsh77769
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:05:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SinistralRifleman] [#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you strengthened the receiver around the the hammer and trigger pin holes?

Blow back uppers can be pretty harsh on pins and break them in aluminum receivers, and I have seen other brands of polymer lowers have the holes egged out or the receivers break at the pin holes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman:

The KP-15 hammer pin area is already reinforced and this carries over to the KP-9.  You can see how this area is wider.

I've already been testing 9mm uppers with mag block conversions on KP-15s prior to the KP-9 development.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman:
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:

Blow back uppers can be pretty harsh on pins and break them in aluminum receivers, and I have seen other brands of polymer lowers have the holes egged out or the receivers break at the pin holes.

The KP-15 hammer pin area is already reinforced and this carries over to the KP-9.  You can see how this area is wider.

I've already been testing 9mm uppers with mag block conversions on KP-15s prior to the KP-9 development.  

Thank you for answering my question. And I am glad that you did take this into consideration on both models.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice! This may be my future ideal SBR...
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Now make one that accepts s&w m&p mags seeing as there is currently a massive hole in the market for an ar lower that takes m&p natively.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#10]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:

View Quote

These have been around for almost 20 years now. These have a generational history between 3 companies now but the same dude has been with these the entire time. After the proven history there’s literally no reason to doubt the quality of these lowers. These really are legit. If you’re thinking about one I know you will not be disappointed. These are incredibly durable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 4:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TSH77769] [#11]
Back in the day when time was young and so was I, I did some cold weather (Alaska, Arctic, etc.) testing for Cav-Arms where all this kind of started (not counting Colt's early attempts).

I stored it in a snowbank, swung it against trees, used it in a carbine class at -20 F, ran it over with a truck, used it as a step between tree branches, etc. That thing was indestructible.

This current product is far superior even to that.

Up until recently I owned prototype 6. I traded it to sinistral rifleman for one of the new ones. While I might have gotten more for it otherwise I wanted it to go to a good home who would appreciate. Due to his involvement along the way I thought he was the ideal candidate to adopt and love prototype 6.

tsh77769

Just to clarify that  would be prototype # 6 of the original Cav Arms version.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top