Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 4:42:43 PM EDT
As much as I hate to think it there is a possibility that buying an ar15 will become difficult in the not to distant future. I’m trying to go all out on this gun.  I have the opportunity to purchase either a unfired radian mod 1 14.5 for $2300 or a like new KAC mod 1 16 for $2800. I’m looking for some help deciding.

From what I understand the kac mod 1 is great but missing some features of the mod 2. The radian is a great gun but most features are in the lower and it’s heavy.

These are the two I’ve narrowed my choices to. Any advice or insight would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy the knights, you will always get your money back if you change your mind.

Then refer me to the radian guy as I would probably be a buyer for it.

I don’t pray to the alter of KAC so I can own other great AR’s.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy the knights, you will always get your money back if you change your mind.

Then refer me to the radian guy as I would probably be a buyer for it.

I don’t pray to the alter of KAC so I can own other great AR’s.
View Quote

Lol what kind of blasphemy are you speaking.  I think I would probably be able to get my money back on the Radian if it came down to it. I just wish my wife would let me buy both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d go with Kac for the extra $500 all day...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Care to elaborate why
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You already have a thread on this. Why make another?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
KAC upper on the radian lower.... it’s become my go to combo... I’m running 2 KAC factory uppers on the radian ADAC lowers and they are by far my favorite rifles.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
KAC upper on the radian lower.... it’s become my go to combo... I’m running 2 KAC factory uppers on the radian ADAC lowers and they are by far my favorite rifles.
View Quote

Mmmm.  Very interesting.  I was looking at another sr15 but this sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that was an option for me right now I would definitely go that route. From doing all the research between the two it really seems like the combo would be the best of both worlds
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/KAC-picture-threads/381-185389/?page=326

@871JZ posted a picture in the above thread of his KAC upper on a Radian Lower.... they look damn good to.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a big LMT fan, some of the best hardware made, but damn I like my KAC rifles.  I was shootiing my Mod 1 late last week and thinking this has to be the best balanced and feeling rifle I have...

Cant say anything about the Radian, Garand Thumb had high praises for it, but they gave him the rifle....so I am sure there is a small bias there....

But I have read a lot of excellent feedback on the Radian....even with my limited info on the Radian, I would lean towards the KAC

I was very fortunate to buy one in the EE about two years ago,  a like new, and it looked new for $1800
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol what kind of blasphemy are you speaking.  I think I would probably be able to get my money back on the Radian if it came down to it. I just wish my wife would let me buy both.
View Quote

Easy. Get rid of the wife. Buy both rifles. Live happily ever after.

Quoted:
View Quote

x2

If I had to choose between the two complete rifles, I'd buy the KAC all day. I add a Redi-Catch to all my KAC lowers. That makes for a completely ambidextrous SR-15 lower with the same exact functionality as the Radian lower.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/KAC-picture-threads/381-185389/?page=326

@871JZ posted a picture in the above thread of his KAC upper on a Radian Lower.... they look damn good to.
View Quote

Thanks, man. Might as well include those pics here for those who are interested.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As much as I hate to think it there is a possibility that buying an ar15 will become difficult in the not to distant future. I’m trying to go all out on this gun.  I have the opportunity to purchase either a unfired radian mod 1 14.5 for $2300 or a like new KAC mod 1 16 for $2800. I’m looking for some help deciding.

From what I understand the kac mod 1 is great but missing some features of the mod 2. The radian is a great gun but most features are in the lower and it’s heavy.

These are the two I’ve narrowed my choices to. Any advice or insight would be awesome.
View Quote

Why do we have two threads on this?

Your First Thread
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You already had a thread on this and didn't listen to anyone. Buy whatever dumb boutique rifle you're never going to shoot and move on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Duplicate threads not allowed
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top