Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 3:56:03 AM EDT
Did anyone notice when he is setting up his kit, he puts in an AR mag, racks the charging handle (which should have chambered a round), then racks it again (I am guessing to press check?) but no round comes out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
All I can think from that scene is the tinnitus.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You mean a movie inaccurately portrays the operation of a firearm?  Wow, that's never happened before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I can think from that scene is the tinnitus.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
View Quote

He was deaf the whole time
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did anyone notice when he is setting up his kit, he puts in an AR mag, racks the charging handle (which should have chambered a round), then racks it again (I am guessing to press check?) but no round comes out.
View Quote

You should call his manager
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
He was using a gen 1 hexmag so it was accurate.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You mean a movie inaccurately portrays the operation of a firearm?  Wow, that's never happened before.
View Quote

BIG LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m amazed that and inaccuracy like that even causes anyone to notice anymore. How many tens of thousands of times over the last 30+ years have we seen a cop or someone go into a room full of bad guys, point their riot shotgun at them, then proceed to rack the slide. Are you telling me that he went in there with his shotgun at the ready but no round in the chamber?  And then a few minutes later, racks the slide again for emphasis but no live round ejects?  Hell, I grew up in the 60s where cowboys shot endless volleys out of their six-shooters without ever needing to reload.  Hollywood has always been a tool, and that’s another reason why it baffles me when people see some stupid movie then go all ga-ga over a weapon shown and want to replicate it.  To each his own I guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m amazed that and inaccuracy like that even causes anyone to notice anymore. How many tens of thousands of times over the last 30+ years have we seen a cop or someone go into a room full of bad guys, point their riot shotgun at them, then proceed to rack the slide. Are you telling me that he went in there with his shotgun at the ready but no round in the chamber?  And then a few minutes later, racks the slide again for emphasis but no live round ejects?  Hell, I grew up in the 60s where cowboys shot endless volleys out of their six-shooters without ever needing to reload.  Hollywood has always been a tool, and that’s another reason why it baffles me when people see some stupid movie then go all ga-ga over a weapon shown and want to replicate it.  To each his own I guess.
View Quote

The other favorite is no matter what it is, when someone pulls out a pistol, it makes a slide racking or hammer cocking sound. I don't know where they find these glocks that magically cock something when you point them at something, but it's pretty fancy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the small details I find interesting is how often you see Gen 2 Glocks in movies and TV, including very recent ones. Clearly there's a supply of prop / blank firing Glocks from the early '90s that continue to be used over and over in Hollywood.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the small details I find interesting is how often you see Gen 2 Glocks in movies and TV, including very recent ones. Clearly there's a supply of prop / blank firing Glocks from the early '90s that continue to be used over and over in Hollywood.
View Quote

California gun laws and what’s allowed on the books probably has a lot to do with that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My favorite is the sound effect for a slide action shotgun being used when there is only a handgun in the scene. Cops with handguns always win when facing bad guys with ARs. 105 pound women can actually win in a fight with a trained 200+ pound man.

Truth be told, it doesn't bother me, it amuses me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
When press checking, a round shouldn't come out, so that would be correct.

I've noticed throughout the series he periodically performs press checks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top