Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2022 11:56:05 AM EDT
Fixes the butt real nice longer and fatter, she ain't called sally for nothing... But I digress, I purchased a magpul furniture PSA great made lower to go simple, but the buttstock I don't think will fit the A2 classic fixed stock I own, I hear something about converting it to A2 using this, is that correct?

Also here is my lower just for certainty and to be clear as I am poor af and about to spend everything I got left to buy this

Something about mine has an A1? Smaller tube something and it won't just fit on, I haven't tried taking mine off but the part I'm told to purchase first is the one shown, is this correct? The part(s) are very hard to find >.< Don't buy them all up first! I have to travel out of the swamp to purchase this item later if Y'all all agree on this <3

Thank you true builders of the OG AR's
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the stock, this is just a pic of the stock itself it has everything it needs stock screw and buffer assembly etc... Including some sorta fancy clip for a sling thingy.... Anyway

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
A2 stock wont fit the collapsible tube, so yes you need those parts
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the stock, this is just a pic of the stock itself it has everything it needs stock screw and buffer assembly etc... Including some sorta fancy clip for a sling thingy.... Anyway

https://i.ibb.co/873k4gY/IMG-20220701-115534.jpg
View Quote

If you have the stock assy and all associated components then all you need is a rifle receiver extension (aka: buffer tube).
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you take that stock apart? It looks like it has the tube in it already and probably already has the spacer as well. All I can see missing is the buffer spring, buffer and sling point (Assuming yoou have the screws).
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you take that stock apart? It looks like it has the tube in it already<
View Quote

Good eye, receiver extension is there.

OP, post a pic of the individual components that you have, guessing is a PITA.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me gather up all my materials and I'll show you what I've got, I did not take it apart it was already taken apart when I found the box, but nonetheless I'm very sure I have all the components you stated

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let me gather up all my materials and I'll show you what I've got, I did not take it apart it was already taken apart when I found the box, but nonetheless I'm very sure I have all the components you stated

View Quote

If you have all of the components shown in the pic in your OP here and the stock shell, you're golden.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you take that stock apart? It looks like it has the tube in it already<

I took it apart a bit more to show everything and I think these are all the components within the box that I think have to do with this

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like you've got all you need
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, when going from a collapsible stock to the rifle stock you must change out the stock/buffer tube/buffer and spring. An A2 rifle stock kit will include what's needed for the swap.

There is one thing I'm seeing different about your stock compared with my A2 stock and that looks to be the padded shoulder pad. My A2 has the original style serrated shoulder pad w/cleaning kit flap door.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, when going from a collapsible stock to the rifle stock you must change out the stock/buffer tube/buffer and spring. An A2 rifle stock kit will include what's needed for the swap.

There is one thing I'm seeing different about your stock compared with my A2 stock and that looks to be the padded shoulder pad. My A2 has the original style serrated shoulder pad w/cleaning kit flap door.
View Quote

Mine has that, see the serrations on the butt pad I took off to show it has the screw in it, it has hard serrations and a relatively difficult to open (thing has to be practically turned upside down but then it falls open) trap door, but that's okay I like my Sally fast and loose

So I don't need a conversion kit? My lower will just fit my A2 stock on by taking the whole buttstock off my lower and fitting that A2 on like the instructions say? Which is why I started this post, I thought I needed some sort of conversion piece due to size difference, as I always heard you can't slap on a fixed A2 old style to a newer lower but I've honestly never tried
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#12]
You don’t need anything beyond what you have pictured.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So I don't need a conversion kit? My lower will just fit my A2 stock on by taking the whole buttstock off my lower and fitting that A2 on like the instructions say? Which is why I started this post, I thought I needed some sort of conversion piece due to size difference, as I always heard you can't slap on a fixed A2 old style to a newer lower but I've honestly never tried
View Quote

Same size / same threading. Nothing conversion about it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 that's what I needed to know bluntly, I kept reading there's an A1 and an A2 style part and it needs some sorta other part to make it work but I now understand that's not how it works that it's two separate systems one for  the carbine length and the other rifle length parts
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You don’t need anything beyond what you have pictured.
View Quote

Thank you sooooo fucking much <3 that's perfect saved me a lot of money
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 that's what I needed to know bluntly, I kept reading there's an A1 and an A2 style part and it needs some sorta other part to make it work but I now understand that's not how it works that it's two separate systems one for  the carbine length and the other rifle length parts
View Quote

Well, the difference is A1 is shorter, and so doesn't need that little endcap that kinda sits there on its own.  And I think it can get by with a shorter/different screw that goes into that end cap (or the buffer tube it is up against on the A2).

But as said, you got what you need.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
You will need the entire kit for the transfer
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#19]
The A2 is 5/8" longer than the A1, hence the extra spacer for the end of the extension tube.
Jon
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top