Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pmags were $90 at one point?!

Please tell me that's an exaggeration.....
View Quote
It's not, at all.

We saw $100 at the height of the Sandy Hook stupidity
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Predicting a Hillary win, a Carolinas area NFA dealer purchased nearly a quarter of a million pmags. Four months later they're at a gun show in Florence, SC selling them for $8 each and in the final hours of the show knocked them down to $7.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do it right and use mags to store your ammo.

If anyone has bought more mags just to store ammo=winning.
View Quote
An empty mag is worthless.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do it right and use mags to store your ammo.

If anyone has bought more mags just to store ammo=winning.
Not when empty mags are selling for $90!

I sold every Glock and AR mag I owned after Sandy Hook.  Went a few months with nothing but 7 round 1911 mags and then rebought all new mags at about the same price they are now.

I decided to sell about a week into the panic after the entire internet was out of stock and didn't really price my mags high at all (comparatively).  They ALL sold in like 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear you OP. With the current prices, and some specials that PSA has (buy item X + 10 Pmags, which in a lot of cases the mags end up at $5 each with the deal), its hard not to buy them.

Id say keep buying if youre good on ammo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been buying Lancer colored mags when they come up for some stupid reason.
3x translucent red
3x clear
3x translucent purple
3x translucent blue
3x translucent aqua

Maybe for some kind of "fun" build. I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say that anyone who is interested enough in something to participate regularly in a forum on the subject has an obsessive personality to some degree, so it's not surprising that we all like to collect / accumulate things. I think magazines are a relatively cheap way to keep adding to the collection, and before we know it, we have a rifle's worth in value of magazines stored in crates or on the shelf. I find the different magazine designs interesting, so I have a variety of them even though I mostly use GI mags and PMAGs. I have some of the colored Lancers too - not sure why, but they're just "neat" and different.

The reality is that even if they were banned tomorrow, none of us, or probably even our children, would ever need a hundred 5.56 mags. We could probably get by with 20-30 even in the most dire circumstances. Unless the world ended and we accidentally ran over a couple cases of them while backing out of the garage in a rush, they are pretty durable and will last a long time if they're not abused. But we like collecting them, and we feel better about having a bunch of them as "insurance."
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your statement is idiotic at the very least!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a note from NY. If they ever ban standard cap mags in your state, they're not going to grandfather existing ones. Independent of whether anyone actually turns them in, having a giant stock pile like that just means more years they're gonna tack on when your significant other rats you out.
Your statement is idiotic at the very least!
Happening in California all the time. It's an add on charge for when they really want to show you who's in charge.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I've stopped buying rifle mags unless it's something unusual like the red Lancers.

I'm still buying pistol mags, especially for my oddball guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a side, I bet a lot of people on this site buy their AR mags by the 100 unit case ....
View Quote
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Magazines are going to be the big focus on the "New Lefts War Against Guns"...

See "Kalifornia"...    I'm focused on being sure I have more than I think I'll need.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember AWB days of 30-50$ beat to shit USGI mags with Glock pistol mags near 100$.

Fuck that shit!

I have bought  a 10 pack every paycheck, twice a month for the last year, still not nearly enough.

OP, you need more mags.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ar15 mags will never get any cheaper than they are right now imo. Youll always be able to sell them back for what you pay for them, as long as theyre new and unused.
View Quote
Totally agree with you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I was a poor college student then just starting out "in the real world" during the '94 awb and couldn't afford to stock up on $30 USGI mags.

My situation is much different now. I think I have over 400 mags, but I haven't done an inventory in a while.  With USGI mags at $7-$9 and pmags at $8-$9, it's easy to pick up 10 or 20 at a time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Look at New Jersey. Mags you could have had for the past 30 years are now contraband. Anything over 10 rounds is now a class 4 felony. Nothing like waking up one day to be a felon because of some politicians pen. Maryland did the same thing with bump stocks and trigger devices. Legal on day, fellow the next.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, and at some point it must stop, or not
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]
No. Just keep on get mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top