Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2021 4:32:30 AM EDT
All I can find are stripped or with an entire barrel assembly. Checked Fulton but all they have are slick-sides, and black instead of proper gray.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
NoDak Spud,
Get on a waiting list if not in stock. They WILL contact you when available.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for an A1 or C7?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NoDak Spud,
Get on a waiting list if not in stock. They WILL contact you when available.
View Quote

I said complete, not stripped.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you looking for an A1 or C7?
View Quote

A1 to restore a Troy XM177E2 with a Colt 604 put on it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Try putting up a WTB in the EE, your really limiting yourself by not wanting to assemble parts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try putting up a WTB in the EE, your really limiting yourself by not wanting to assemble parts.
View Quote

I did. I have no tools and all the local shops once quoted me $30-$40 just to swap a rapidex with a usgi windage dial.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Then get some tools dude. You need an AR multi tool a vice and an upper clamp and you’re all set.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#8]
R Guns had an assembled A1 receiver, but in black. I'm in Norf Cackalackie if you need a place to assemble the upper. PM me. The grey color is going to be the challenge, sadly. Most available now are black.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
R Guns had an assembled A1 receiver, but in black. I'm in Norf Cackalackie if you need a place to assemble the upper. PM me. The grey color is going to be the challenge, sadly. Most available now are black.
View Quote

All they have are all DPMS C7 uppers with all A2 parts aside from the windage drum.

I have NO interest in finding individual parts and assembling, but I will need to remove my barrel and front sight post. What part of NC? I'm in North Myrtle Beach and don't drive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
R Guns had an assembled A1 receiver, but in black.
View Quote

The description says "sold out" but, you can still add it to your cart?

It's definitely a C7 but, I'm in the market for a cheap-ish one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Did you try Fulton?  I think they had some 604 uppers in stock. The other idea is gunbroker has quite a few complete uppers recently listed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did you try Fulton?  I think they had some 604 uppers in stock. The other idea is gunbroker has quite a few complete uppers recently listed.
View Quote

You didn't read the original post.

Also I'm trying REPLACE a 604 upper with an A1
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All they have are all DPMS C7 uppers with all A2 parts aside from the windage drum.

I have NO interest in finding individual parts and assembling, but I will need to remove my barrel and front sight post. What part of NC? I'm in North Myrtle Beach and don't drive.
View Quote

Dang, I'm outside Winston Salem, so that's a bit far if you don't drive. Be more than happy to help you remove the barrel assembly from the current upper if you were able to get it here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You didn't read the original post.

Also I'm trying REPLACE a 604 upper with an A1
View Quote

Well good luck
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well good luck
View Quote
Yep. I didnt read either past that comment from OP
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep. I didnt read either past that comment from OP
View Quote

I said in the original post I had already looked and that was all they had. If I sounded pissy it's because I've had a dozen people on multiple sites say "Just use a 604, you don't need a forward assist, it looks better" I'm trying to replicate a specific rifle. "But you don't need it why change?" and it's made me a bit frustrated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I've watched this forum for a long time.
And I've noticed while it doesn't always follow life on lock step, many times it does.
No one that has a answered you is getting paid by you or the vendor selling you a part, they are answering for 'free'!
They are not customer service punching bags.
I read you are frustrated. I read a couple of posts that didn't score 100% on relatable answers.
But, I would assume you would get more enthusiasm for response and additional help if you didn't 'sound' so pissy or ungrateful.
'Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't build the part up from stock, and I was quoted a labor charge to build or assemble my shit previously.'
Honey > vinegar.
Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Or---
Call John Thomas
Order one from him.
Complete.
With all the bells and whistles.
I am sure he can make it happen.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Or---
Call John Thomas
Order one from him.
Complete.
With all the bells and whistles.
I am sure he can make it happen.
View Quote

Called again. He said he has nothing. Absolutely wiped out of mil-spec parts, even buffer springs.

Don't need it fancy. Just the receiver with correct A1 rear sight assembly with grey windage drum, A1 teardrop forward assist, and A1 ejection port cover installed)
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you looking for something like this?
Attachment Attached File

For sale on Local listing. Pm me if interested in #
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Called again. He said he has nothing. Absolutely wiped out of mil-spec parts, even buffer springs.

Don't need it fancy. Just the receiver with correct A1 rear sight assembly with grey windage drum, A1 teardrop forward assist, and A1 ejection port cover installed)
View Quote

Been watching this lately, you  already have an original A1 rear sight assembly, the only thing that is not original is the flip sight, with that being said the original flip sight is in the package along with the original A1 front sight post. Also you DO have an A1 port door, it came directly off a colt SP1, so I am unsure why your saying it's an A2. Those prices that u were quoted are actually cheap, I paid my friend who is a gun Smith $100 bucks to install a barrel gas tube and the rear sight assembly, just to give you a reference point because like you I have no tools.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Been watching this lately, you  already have an original A1 rear sight assembly, the only thing that is not original is the flip sight, with that being said the original flip sight is in the package along with the original A1 front sight post. Also you DO have an A1 port door, it came directly off a colt SP1, so I am unsure why your saying it's an A2. Those prices that u were quoted are actually cheap, I paid my friend who is a gun Smith $100 bucks to install a barrel gas tube and the rear sight assembly, just to give you a reference point because like you I have no tools.
View Quote

I wasn't saying what's on the upper is A2, I was saying any upper I buy has to have those A1 parts installed. I'm trying to replace the entire receiver at once, not just swap parts around. The only thing A2 is the factory front sight, Troy shipped them with square A2 posts.

If you meant what I said in the picture thread "make sure there's no A2 parts like the dust cover." I was referring to uppers that are/were for sale how 99% of the time companies just put A2 covers on their "retro" uppers.

$40 is cheap just to swap the windage drum, nothing else? That's not even including the tax.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you looking for something like this?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/533696/18412DD0-D68E-485D-9151-0953574511C1_png-2138624.JPG
For sale on Local listing. Pm me if interested in #
View Quote

No, that's a C7 upper with A2 parts. They might want it here https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/If-you-are-looking-for-a-C7-upper-/123-767645/
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
EE LINK
View Quote

Not an A1
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wish we were closer, I'd do all your AR assembling for a few beers and a shooting buddy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not an A1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
EE LINK

Not an A1

My bad, no F/A.

Reach out to Chris at Shark Arms Customs. You may get lucky.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My bad, no F/A.

Reach out to Chris at Shark Arms Customs. You may get lucky.
View Quote

I’ll give him a call

* Finally heard back, no retro parts
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top