Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 10:16:28 AM EDT
I have at least a dozen x300's.  Some might be as old as the 170 lumen models, certainly some 500, 600 and 1000 lumen models.  Is there an easy way to tell them apart.  I would like to rebalance them putting the older ones ones on things like my training glock (so I can use the same holster) putting the brighter ones on my carry ones and my carbines etc.

If I see one in the parts  bin at the gun store it would be nice to know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the lower lumen ones are just called x300s on them, the 500/600 say x300 ultra on them and I think the 1000 lumen ones say 1000 linens on the bottom of the bezel.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the lower lumen ones are just called x300s on them, the 500/600 say x300 ultra on them and I think the 1000 lumen ones say 1000 linens on the bottom of the bezel.
View Quote

To add to this, the 500 and 600 lumen Ultra model had a redesigned head with the wrench flats.

600 lumen had a change and went with the current taller paddle switches.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to look at the serial numbers. If it starts with A, then it is the older model. Those that starts with B is the newest highest lumens model. The ones that don't start with any letter is the very old one. This is true for all X300U models, both A and B models (don't get confused with models and serial numbers).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top