Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2020 12:30:38 AM EDT
Looking to purchase my first AR and need some input please. So I have an opportunity to buy a DDM4V7. The guy is looking to get rid of it due to wanting to find something else. It’s only a year old and has been in the safe since he picked it up at his local FFL. He hasn’t put the 1st round through it. Comes with a case, 32 rd mag, DD iron sights, and forward grip. He’s asking $1349 which I believe is a great deal.
 I’m a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. Being new to the AR-15 I’m torn on if I should purchase the DD or maybe get a good PSA and just spend a little money here and there on a new trigger and so forth as I go.
  I plan on using the rifle for the range, maybe a little predator hunting, home defense (hopefully never needed), and maybe attending a tac training class. I feel the DD is too good of a deal to pass on, but I have a terrible habit of being indecisive. A little input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about that. Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
First off if you are new to AR15s I would not buy used. He could be selling you a DD lower with a PSA upper and making bank. Either learn to build your own or buy a factory built new gun. Colt, DD, or BCM would be good first guns that will hold value. Stay away from Walmart brand shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First off if you are new to AR15s I would not buy used. He could be selling you a DD lower with a PSA upper and making bank. Either learn to build your own or buy a factory built new gun. Colt, DD, or BCM would be good first guns that will hold value. Stay away from Walmart brand shit.
View Quote

I totally understand what you’re saying. I have seen the pics of the rifle, and he has also Has the paperwork for the rifle. I’m 100% it’s all legit. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If you know the guy and know the rifle is good to go should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty easy to verify if its all Daniel Defense, they put their name/logo on every part. They make good rifles for sure and it sounds like a good deal, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Like was said above, look for DD logo on upper, lower, rail, bolt carrier...
Take some pictures.
That would be a great rifle to own at a good price
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Im a huge fan of Daniel Defense, and own a couple of their guns.
You should be good to go if what he said is true.
The price is a little steep for a previously owned gun but in the end things are worth what people want to pay for them.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#8]
While I don’t  own a DD , it would be a great first rifle. If its legit , get it over a PSA for the first one. Welcome, WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the input and the welcome. Glad to be here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about the price. I would probably try and get him to come down a bit, but considering it hasn’t been fired I was thinking it wasn’t a bad deal. Heck, I’ll probably try and wave a few dollars less at him anyway to see if he bites. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Like was said above, look for DD logo on upper, lower, rail, bolt carrier...
Take some pictures.
That would be a great rifle to own at a good price
View Quote

Thank you for the advice. I had him send me pics of everything yesterday evening and all seems legit. Obviously I’ll double check it all in person as well. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#12]
If you don't get it, It will be a thing that you will always regret.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it is a DD factory rifle, the DD uppers are marked.

The V7 series are an excellent first rifle, heck an excellent last rifle.  I have some in my collection and great shooters, accurate as hell

My SBR is a V7S and I have a V7SLW

Bronc

Great deal, these are $1600 plus new
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Daniel Defense also has a warranty 2nd to none.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
If it is a "Full" Daniel Defense, offer him $1250.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Over the weekend Kentucky Gun Company had this exact rifle, new, for $1,349 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Dupe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top