Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2019 8:39:02 AM EDT
I love the design and rigidity of the Gray Man Tactical seat back molle panel but sadly am not on the government teat so can't justify paying that much. It's like $235.

Any suggestions for a similar rigid design, or just a decent quality and versatile seat back organizer for my 2019 Silverado? I'll be keeping things like FAK, big bushcraft blade, utility pouches with misc tools, and maybe some other stuff handy for my camping trips.

Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
How about cheap amazon molle vest strapped over your seat?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't agree more... there is a huge gaping hole in the market for a similar product at half the price.

Just a materials and engineering problem, and a small one at that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Not the same. Soft platforms are floppy, and require a lot more anchoring to the seat. The rigid surface fixes all kinds of attach/detach friction points.

It's not a terrible substitute, but night and day from the rigid one.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sure I can find some suitable material to replicate this (think I have some thin HDPE sheeting at home) but not sure how to make a punch to knock out a similar rectangular hole. If I had that I'd be willing to lay it out and punch out an array of holes.

That said - primarily interested in recommendations for some other good molle solution. I see a lot of Amazon yet most of those probably cheapazz chinese chicom stuff that would fall apart. I'm not gonna go operate with it but neither do i want it to fall apart due to gravity.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Amazon sells MOLLE panels for seatbacks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to buy this panel from Home Depot.  I would cut to size and make my own mounting system but haven't had the time.
Home Depot Square vinyl lattice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Look for “car molle panel” over ebay.. there’s a similar product from Germany made by Keaftwerker Combat.. comes in square or rectangular shape.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not the same. Soft platforms are floppy, and require a lot more anchoring to the seat. The rigid surface fixes all kinds of attach/detach friction points.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a cheap molle plate carrier and put a cheap plastic cutting board in it to firm it up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I got mine from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. It's been riding on the seat back for six years and is still fine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#10]
While certainly not the same thing, I've seen the white wire closet shelving used to attach MOLLE pouches to.  Could also buy the soft molle panels from Amazon and afix them to a thin piece of metal like diamond plate.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top