BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2021 10:31:00 AM EDT
It looks like RGuns has them in stock at the moment.

https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-a1-forged-receiver-complete-black/
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It looks like RGuns has them in stock at the moment.

https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-a1-forged-receiver-complete-black/
View Quote
"(sold out)" in the description?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that, but oddly it let's it be added to your cart. Not sure now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I called and he said they are in fact in stock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks! Good to know. I really would like a earlier A1 type upper, but may just settle on another C7 at this point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up; I have been looking for a C& for months. I got a shipping confirmation this afternoon. I am fired up to get this upper. I have been trying to make a KISS truck gun with a 16" Middy, A1 stock, and C7 upper for quite some time. I have everything but the upper.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up, OP.  I have one scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  It’s the last piece I need to finish a rifle.  I just hope it doesn’t have M4 feed ramps.  Even if it does, though, I’ll just use it as an excuse to start another project!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I called and asked if it had m4 feed ramps and the lady said no feed ramps. Please post pics when it arrives.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Darn, I didn’t think about feed ramps. Been spoiled by NDS and Brownells. Hope they don’t have any
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Sight channel machined correctly?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
What’s the right barrel to go with that upper?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What’s the right barrel to go with that upper?
View Quote

Cold hammer forged Heavy Barrel in 1:7 Twist
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine arrived today.  Finish looks good, sight channel looks even, no M4 feed ramps, aperture spring is a little stiff, forward assist cap is properly pinned on (not just pressed), and it dropped onto an Aero lower just fine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Rifle is done!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome, thanks for the pics! Overall are you happy with it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks for the pics! Overall are you happy with it?
View Quote

Yes, I'm quite pleased with it.  Would buy again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for posting the pics and review. I am about to pull the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Heads up, they upped the price by $15
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I got both of mine today and turned one into a rifle with a NOS SAK pencil barrel! Great company to deal with

I talked to them today and they’re still in stock!

Very nice uppers imo!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Hi all,

New to retro, so go easy on me. I ordered one of these c7 uppers from Rguns, and I see a few comments regarding feed ramps. If this upper does not have feed ramps, should I stick with a specific barrel? I believe I saw a go/no-go visual that said m4 feed ramps with no receiver ramps are good to go? Going for a 10.5 Gordon/Blood Diamond'ish build w/o the OPSINC/Allen AEM suppressor. Just going to run my Saker. If this isn't the right crowd for 'ish builds, I apologize.

Thanks,

Willy
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hi all,

New to retro, so go easy on me. I ordered one of these c7 uppers from Rguns, and I see a few comments regarding feed ramps. If this upper does not have feed ramps, should I stick with a specific barrel? I believe I saw a go/no-go visual that said m4 feed ramps with no receiver ramps are good to go? Going for a 10.5 Gordon/Blood Diamond'ish build w/o the OPSINC/Allen AEM suppressor. Just going to run my Saker. If this isn't the right crowd for 'ish builds, I apologize.

Thanks,

Willy
View Quote

The only combo that won't work is M4 feed ramp upper receivers with rifle feed ramp barrels. So yes, gtg. The Canadian rifles sorted out feeding issues by adjusting the buffer weight rather than adding feed ramps, you may have to do the same with your build, especially for a barrel that short.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The only combo that won't work is M4 feed ramp upper receivers with rifle feed ramp barrels. So yes, gtg. The Canadian rifles sorted out feeding issues by adjusting the buffer weight rather than adding feed ramps, you may have to do the same with your build, especially for a barrel that short.
View Quote

Thank you very much for the info! I will keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Appreciate this heads up.  I'm actually looking for the M4 feed ramps but since C7 style uppers seem to be out of stock everywhere else I look I might pounce on this one.  I want to scratch the itch to build a 723 ish rifle.  Since I impulse pre ordered myself one of those PSA Lets Go Brandon lowers

I had to

Then it dawned on me it would be a crime to just leave it as a paperweight so I said to myself !@#$, guess I'm building up something else

In the spirit of raiding my spare parts box I practically have almost everything I need including a 14.7 pinned M4gery barrel assembly already.  A 723 style carbine would be perfect.  I just know my OCD though.  I hate the look of an M4 extension on a non ramped upper.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

@Willy762
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Well damn. I wasn’t looking to spend $180 bucks tonight, but this is one piece I needed to complete my HEAT-ish AR.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked one of these up.  Ordered and received it within 24 hours.  I don’t know much about C7/A1 stuff, but my ocular assessment of quality seems fine.  The carry handle channel is centered.  

I will say, while it’s not loose, the mount doesn’t fit as snug in the channel as it does on a colt and bushmaster A2 I have.  Those needed some gentle mallet taps to seat it.  If need be I can shim it.  

This will eventually be used on a Gordon carbine when the can clears.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#27]
That's a really nice rifle!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#28]

I have a stripped Aero lower and a Colt CS stock. Been wanting to build a C7.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Sold out!
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sold out!
View Quote
It's a typo apparently. You can still add to cart.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered last Thursday, delivered today.

I’m happy with it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#32]
That's hot! Can I trouble you for a view of the other side? :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks guys,

Wallet is now $180 lighter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a heads up, got mine in today and its noticably uneven for the sight channel, and the dust cover spring is out of spec of something and isn't long enough on the short end to keep it from flipping and keeping tension on the cover.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, got mine in today and its noticably uneven for the sight channel, and the dust cover spring is out of spec of something and isn't long enough on the short end to keep it from flipping and keeping tension on the cover.
View Quote

OW.

Mine just shipped today.
We shall see if the QC gets worse as the stock drops, or you drew the short straw.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy on Reddit says his was out of spec too
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Got to look at mine finally. It looks fine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I emailed for a replacement, and they just said they would do a full refund.  Not sure if I should suck it up, refund and try my luck on another, or refund and just look elsewhere?  Not sure where else to grab a good in spec one at this point.  

edit: cheap calipers show the left channel as .3 mm thinner, is this something that I should just overlook?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I emailed for a replacement, and they just said they would do a full refund.  Not sure if I should suck it up, refund and try my luck on another, or refund and just look elsewhere?  Not sure where else to grab a good in spec one at this point.  

edit: cheap calipers show the left channel as .3 mm thinner, is this something that I should just overlook?
View Quote

There was a thread on here about some Luth-AR C7 uppers were fucked up like that.  Is it obvious when you look at it?  I haven’t mine, but it looks ok.

Any chance they can hand pick one for you?  I feel like most of these probably come from the same place so it’ll probably be a crap shoot in the future too.

Eta:  this is the thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Luth-AR-Horrible-Quality-C7-Upper/123-759399/
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

O.3 mm? Are you sure?

That's only 0.012 thousands of an inch.

The human eye can barely see that, let alone make a difference.

3 mm though, 0.118 inch, almost 1/8th of an inch would be a lot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

O.3 mm? Are you sure?

That's only 0.012 thousands of an inch.

The human eye can barely see that, let alone make a difference.

3 mm though, 0.118 inch, almost 1/8th of an inch would be a lot.
View Quote

Guess that answers my question if I should just overlook it. Think its just because I know that this has been an issue before that I notice it more.  Left side is 1.5mm and right is 1.8mm at the rear of the sight channel, but the front is 4.5 mm right and 5mm on the left.  Guess I will just keep it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I've got one coming from R Guns.
Hopefully it's machined to spec.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well damn. I wasn’t looking to spend $180 bucks tonight, but this is one piece I needed to complete my HEAT-ish AR.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67450/3C4C10BE-89C8-47B6-93AE-69D4CF71575A-2146953.jpg
View Quote

That’s an 11.5 barrel, correct? Oh man with an A1/C7 upper that is exactly the SBR I hope to build .

Edit: I see you’ve already swapped it.  That’s what I want to build.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Got my C7 late yesterday.

Quick QC today shows that it GTG.

On the awesome side:
Looking rear to front,  the sight channel ears are 0.086 thick drivers side,  .087 passenger.
R GUNS was only 0.0005 thousands (1/2  of one thousandths of an inch) off true center of the casting.

Parkerization is a modern deep black, well done, and matches A2 lowers perfectly.

All other machining is spot on.

---

On the debit side,  the port door rod is a civilian modern lathe cut fat head, instead of a correct government rod and C clip.
The port door spring is black, instead of silver.
The FA had rust in the pin hole and looks like a chinesium A2 kinda copy. Not US/CN colt Diemaco look alike.
Finally, the FA spring is just a raw stock coil snipped to the fit length.  
Not a coil cut longer with the ends bent 90° to correct fit length.
So the provided FA/spring is "never used, only gunsafe filler " trash too.

Final grade: really sweet,  but buy correct FA and port door assemblies while waiting for R Guns to ship, if going for a period correct build.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my RGuns C7 upper today. Not impressed.
I'll attach pics of the measurements I took of the "ears".
I think I will see if they will exchange it for one that is pretending to be in spec.

ETA: Emailed RGuns and goth this response:
"thats just the way they come out after the machining of the forging.
you can send it back and we can give you a refund."

That is short and to the point, I suppose. I double checked my measurements and uploaded new pics.
I'm not sure I want to gamble with getting a worse or same out of spec upper. I don't think they will hand pick an in spec upper for me after getting that response. Not sure what to do at this point.

In a fit of irritation, I put this together and am pondering what to do.
Yes, that is a detachable A1 carry handle.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got my RGuns C7 upper today. Not impressed.
I'll attach pics of the measurements I took of the "ears".
I think I will see if they will exchange it for one that is pretending to be in spec.
https://i.ibb.co/19xP3mT/IMG-20211115-124207.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ZdXswf1/IMG-20211115-124214.jpg
View Quote

OW.

I wonder if they are indexing the sight channel cut off of one side of the forging.
Instead of centering it?

What is the total width of your forging at the ears?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#47]
0.633 wide.

Attachment Attached File

And, yes. That is a genuine Swiss made Brown & Sharpe.

All your precisions,  are belong to me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
0.633 wide.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55162/20211115_155219_jpg-2168074.JPG

And, yes. That is a genuine Swiss made Brown & Sharpe.

All your precisions,  are belong to me.
View Quote

Interesting that my measurements are so different than your upper. I understand my chinesium caliper isn't very precise, but still....
I must have received one from the batch the night shift guys were working on.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Interesting that my measurements are so different than your upper. I understand my chinesium caliper isn't very precise, but still....
View Quote

It makes me wonder if they are :

A, selling the set up parts as GTG.
B, like you said,, one person cares about what they are doing,  and another running the machine just doesn't GAF.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine is between yours and bullet's in terms of differences of the ears.  Got a RMA #, but probably going to just keep it, not sure what other uppers there are without dropping big cash on an actual colt or something.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top