Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2024 6:28:41 PM EDT
Ok,
So given that I'm not running a gas system at all, I don't have to worry about timing a barrel nut with a gas tube.  What is the ideal torque value for a barrel nut for .300 bo?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#1]
The range is so broad because it's not the driving factor.
Torque to 35, shoot a group.
Torque to 40/45, shoot a group.
Continue.
This is the only way to know what your rifle will benefit from.

Unless you're relying on Torque for other than barrel harmonics.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d just run whatever the rail manufacturer recommends.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Ok,
So given that I'm not running a gas system at all, I don't have to worry about timing a barrel nut with a gas tube.  What is the ideal torque value for a barrel nut for .300 bo?
View Quote

Between 30 and 80

What type of handguard/barrel nut?  If a mil-spec nut and drop in handguards you still need to index the barrel nut as if a gas tube was there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably end up going with an SLR rail.  From what I've read it's best to keep it in the lower range, so I'll just crank it down to what it says in their directions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I aways do the multiple torque & loosen sequence thing, then just torque to 40. I figure it's on the lower end, but gives me a margin of error
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stowe:
I aways do the multiple torque & loosen sequence thing, then just torque to 40. I figure it's on the lower end, but gives me a margin of error
View Quote

Same.  Tight is tight.  So much overthinking occurs over this
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
I’d just run whatever the rail manufacturer recommends.
View Quote

This ^
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top