Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 9:20:36 PM EDT
Howdy all.  New member who joined in hopes of solving what is, honestly, a stupid and completely self-inflicted problem.

I buy my magazines in matching sets of 8 and recently attempted to do exactly that with some translucent smoke 30 round L5AWMs.  However, it turns out 7 are an old revision and 1 was a new revision.  The differences are very noticeable, up to and including being slightly different colors.  The set of 7 have manufacturing dates from 2012 and 2013, where the 1 is from 2019.

I'm not concerned about the latter.  Those can be bought all day long.  What I am concerned with is finding an 8th matching magazine to complete my set of the early ones.

If anyone can locate me a translucent smoke L5AWM 30 round of the old style I would be very grateful.  I would prefer NOS, but do not mind lightly used so long as it is not significantly worn - again I'm trying to keep each set of mags roughly the same.

Pics attached to illustrate what I'm seeking.  Early style that I'm looking for is on the left in both pics.  Please and thank you!

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Place a WTB ad in the EQUIPMENT  EXCHANGE
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  Still figuring out the places/rules here.  Hell, at first I didn't even know if posting ISO/WTB was okay here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Done.  Is there a rule against cross-posting?  I didn't see anything in the TOS, but I will delete this if there's a rule against having the same post in multiple places.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just sell the early mags and get 7 more new ones??
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
That's my plan B.  And I have a friend who will gladly take them.  However, I actually really like the early ones.  The density and/or thickness of the polymer is better.  I wouldn't mind having a set of both.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By commonmanthemes:
Done.  Is there a rule against cross-posting?  I didn't see anything in the TOS, but I will delete this if there's a rule against having the same post in multiple places.
View Quote

Cross posting will get your pee pee slapped

LOOK HERE for the EE
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Noted.  Don't want my peepee slapped.  Gonna delete this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Apparently delete is not a thing?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By commonmanthemes:
Apparently delete is not a thing?
View Quote

Click the red triangle/exclamation mark symbol at top right of your original post, request a Mod to lock if that is your intent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
NOT Tech!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top