Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2023 6:34:56 PM EDT
As stated in post but mine seems to be oblivious, this is not a bait post.... why the the hate?
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 6:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arilulu14] [#1]
Originally Posted By charliethwacker:
As stated in post but mine seems to be oblivious, this is not a bait post.... why the the hate?
View Quote

I think it’s push back from a time where everyone who was truly tacticool was pushing hard that DI was garbage and everything was going to be piston from now on

That whole thing died down because DI is fricking awesome and honestly the best choice for most people

Now there are some in the other direction out there that think any form of piston AR is junk but it’s all just trends

Is your rifle rifle reliable? Relatively accurate? If so then how the hell can it be junk?

Edit: I’m not familiar with the 516 perhaps there was common issues he was referring to if so I’m sure someone here would know about it
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response! Yes she go bang! haven't found anything in reasonable factory ammo it wont eat. That being said Isn't SIG supposed to be considered a top tier manufacturer?
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like the first rule of "gun club" is "shit on other brands you dont have/dont like/cant afford in order to justify your choices"

If you like it, and it works, then dont sweat what some neckbeard doucher online thinks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 7:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4BlackRifle] [#4]
Ford vs. Chevy style idiocy.

My 7.62x51mm Sig716 Patrol runs like a Swiss clock.

Try owning a Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, funny thing is Sigs aren't cheap 😂
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one of those, damn accurate but heavy.... as expected tho 👌 wish i never let it go.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Great rifles. Could use a diet out front but other than that they have very acceptable accuracy, are reliable and they operate cleanly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joelad] [#8]
I love my Sig 516! The only thing I didn't like about it was the shit trigger. I replaced the FCG, and all was right with the world. I also replaced the heavy quad rail with an MI MLOK rail. It's now much lighter up front.

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By charliethwacker:
View Quote

That's weird because the 516 is widely known as the most reliable piston AR since the HK416, possibly because it was made by the same design team.  Built like a tank, but a little heavy.  Newer versions have a much lighter stripped down gas block and have taken some meat off the solid steel op rod.  The Midwest Industries handguard drops some weight as well, but I like the original Quad more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I own and use 3 516s.This idividuals brain is junk.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 6:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#11]
Love mine (10.5”).

It’s heavier than a similar DI rifle, but that doesn’t bother me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I was issued a full autoo SBR, damn thing ran like a top even suppressed.  Slightly less accurate than DI but nothing to worry about. I really like that thing, I hated to turn it in when I retired.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I had one for a long time. It operated great with no issues I remember. There were a couple downsides such as limited furniture options and the proprietary BCG. After Sig “discontinued” it, it became difficult to keep one as a new BCG was nearly impossible to find.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:00:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sowinskian] [#14]
Takes standard bolts and bits though.  The only thing proprietary is the carrier, which I don't know that I've ever seen one fail.  Regardless, the LWRCI carrier works.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top