Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2023 3:49:08 AM EDT
I am looking for someone who can make an obscure these days pistol barrel . The platform Is a 7.62x25mm tokarev m57 pistol and I am looking for a 7.5 to 8 inch extended barrel.  I am looking for someone who can make custom barrels and I will pay a fair amount for the work
Why because in the USA we can or should be able to and were an entrepreneur society
I have looked all over but admit have not written many manufacturers just don't know where to start.  I know it is an extremely rudimentary barrel being inspired by the 1911 but having radial locking blocks
This is to be used for hiking around large critters alone when the rifle is just too bulky to bring
I am trying to understand the art of barrel making I've been at this hobby we share for 20 years . I assume a barrel blank alone can't be machined or this would be much easier but because the lower locking lugs and feet are much longer then any 1 inch diameter 308 barrel blank . Thank you and If I posted in the wrong section please let me know.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Look in the Armory community, there is a Gunsmithing section there.  There is also a Services area on the EE....

That said, while I'm intrigued by the 762x25 round (ancient version of the "new" .30 Super Carry?) for your stated purpose I'd just spend the money on a 10mm Glock or Witness or similar.

Several months ago I would've said "Or perhaps build up a super lightweight AR pistol...."

If you really wanted to stick with the Tok as a platform .... be prepared to spend thousands for a one-off project.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've wanted a double stack 7.62x25 modern pistol for years (I stacked deep when it was cheap). The main issue is that the round is longer than anything but 5.7x28. Custom mags and a bigger grip needed. My last idea was to print out a modified STI lower and mate it to a cut down TT-33 frame. Mags remained the issue.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to hijack the thread but I need a similar barrel for a crazy project I started a while back.  I stretched a Glock 17 frame and magazine to accept 7.62 tok and 3d printed it.  I need to mill out a slide too.  I have lots of weird unfinished projects.

" />
" />
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top