BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 4:52:40 PM EDT
I got this barrel and I don't know who made it or if it's for an Ar10 or LR308

Is there a way to tell the difference?

Will a headspace test with a DPMS bolt tell me? If I use a dpms Lr308 bolt and if the barrel is an Armalite Ar10 barrel using headspace gauges will they gauge the same or not pass a go or nogo guage?

Any idea what brand this is and or who made it judging but the stamping and design?

Is there a visual way to tell the difference between Lr308 and Ar10 if they are side by side?

Thank you

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It is an 18" barrel with a rifle-length gas system, The marking is on the bottom opposite the side with the gas port.

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#3]
That barrel shares several features with an actual DPMS barrel that I have here:

- the milled line above the chamber in line with the alignment pin.  
- the font and size of the engraving, and its position on the bottom side of the barrel near the muzzle (although mine also says DPMS before the caliber).  
- M4 feed ramps.

If it headspaces correctly with a known DPMS bolt, I think you can safely say it's DPMS pattern compatible.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. I checked it with a set of headspace gauges and headspaces correctly.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top