BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Jim needs to make more, so that those of us who want the rails for their performance characteristics can get them. $700+ on an auction is crazy
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Are wedgelock rails still a production item?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jim needs to make more, so that those of us who want the rails for their performance characteristics can get them. $700+ on an auction is crazy
View Quote

Performance rails?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are wedgelock rails still a production item?
View Quote

I'm not sure I would love to pick up one of the titanium color ones for a 14.5 build but I only saw s-locks recently and they didn't last long.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Performance rails?
View Quote

Have you ever felt one of the hodge rails, or compared its rigidity for laser use?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hodge rail on GB is now $880 ??
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you ever felt one of the hodge rails, or compared its rigidity for laser use?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Performance rails?

I owned the Mega wedgelock.  Solid rail, but didn't get me the clearance I needed for adjustable gas block. Sold it (still love their matched receiver sets).

Can't imagine that a laser would deflect enough at SD distances to affect impact.  It would have to be a phenomenally weak rail.  What do you intend on engaging, with a laser, beyond ~50 yards?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I owned the Mega wedgelock.  Solid rail, but didn't get me the clearance I needed for adjustable gas block. Sold it (still love their matched receiver sets).

Can't imagine that a laser would deflect enough at SD distances to affect impact.  It would have to be a phenomenally weak rail.  What do you intend on engaging, with a laser, beyond ~50 yards?
View Quote

With an Ir laser at night under nods, yes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm skeptical.  i can shoot rail mounted irons, on a ff rail thats under sling or bipod tension, and not note enough deflection to worry about at 2-300yds.  

While I'm sure the hodge stuff is nice, I think the followers buy into the chase more than the product. And that's fine.  Scarcity can drive demand.  There are numerous other companies that do it, some have data to back up their claim of superior product...some don't.

I'm bowing out.  I'm not trying to stir anything up, I just have serious doubts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm skeptical.  i can shoot rail mounted irons, on a ff rail thats under sling or bipod tension, and not note enough deflection to worry about at 2-300yds.  

While I'm sure the hodge stuff is nice, I think the followers buy into the chase more than the product. And that's fine.  Scarcity can drive demand.  There are numerous other companies that do it, some have data to back up their claim of superior product...some don't.

I'm bowing out.  I'm not trying to stir anything up, I just have serious doubts.
View Quote

I'm all for healthy discussion, imo thermal shift with IR lasers is already a thing especially suppressed. That being said there are many quality rail systems that offer rigidity for that application not just hodge.

Alas of course this is a hodge defense thread so I'm sure folks will be partial to that here.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Cant wait to finish these over the weekend

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice.  How did you get 2 sets when they all sold out in seconds?  You get a hookup from an employee of one of the 4 vendors?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
One of those is a Mod 1 receiver set.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of those is a Mod 1 receiver set.
View Quote

The individual S-locks sold out in seconds as well so that is 2 + orders with a very low likelihood of success.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The individual S-locks sold out in seconds as well so that is 2 + orders with a very low likelihood of success.
View Quote

I picked up an S lock from an email notification, so it’s probably not as unlikely as you’d think.  He might of been sitting on the Mod 1 set from a previous drop, then you just gotta get lucky with a builder set and rail drop.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Niccceee post um up once you get them together ??
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty much done, just need a red dot...and a lower if I could ever find one!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Finding a whole rifle is difficult though I see them on the EE from time to time. Barrels have been pretty available the last couple months from what I've seen optactical has 14.5s in stock now also seen them at weapon outfitters. I've order from both before and been very happy. Others sell them as well but i'm less familiar

They arn't cheap thats for sure I think it ended up being close to $500 shipped, but Im happy with it. Ive owned knights, Larue, Lmt among others to compare it too. Its not like they changed the world or anything but I certainly like it and run it hard.
View Quote

Not God-awful expensive at all. My Hodge rail was cheaper than a Geissele and, by almost any metric, a significantly better rail.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Just stumbled upon Hodge the other day and I'm hooked! I know some say the small details don't matter but it's those fine details that sets apart a mediocre AR and a Fantastic AR. After reading all about them and seeing their stuff I am determined to try and get a complete made by the man himself. I'd like to get a Mod2 if possible but I've read mixed things about them not being sold as complete rifles? I did see one site with them listed but sold out at $2850 and its seems most of the dealers on Hodge's site are out of date or not in business any more.

Anyone have any idea if Jim has an account here so we can ask the man himself?

Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just stumbled upon Hodge the other day and I'm hooked! I know some say the small details don't matter but it's those fine details that sets apart a mediocre AR and a Fantastic AR. After reading all about them and seeing their stuff I am determined to try and get a complete made by the man himself. I'd like to get a Mod2 if possible but I've read mixed things about them not being sold as complete rifles? I did see one site with them listed but sold out at $2850 and its seems most of the dealers on Hodge's site are out of date or not in business any more.

Anyone have any idea if Jim has an account here so we can ask the man himself?

Any help would be appreciated!
View Quote

Right before the slock handguard came out I read somewhere he stated for general sale it was just going to be parts for a little. Though he has sold complete rifles in the past and I'm sure he will again just not sure when.

Nick from velox training group and Mark from jbs training group are hodge shooters so they may have more knowledge than most folks on the subject. If you have social media reach out to them in my experience they have always been very helpful. Just keep in mind they're instructors not salesman so they may be busy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
@DevilDoc602 might know.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Some complete 16” Mod 2 rifles were sold to the public a few years ago but mainly it was 12.5” & 14.5” Mod 2 uppers online and the 16” Mod 1 rifles through one of the two dealers in San Antonio. As it stands right now full focus is on builder sets and parts like the new BCG and Gas Blocks, he will do another batch of rifles eventually, when he has some free time from other obligations. Some of the 16” Mod 2sAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Some complete 16” Mod 2 rifles were sold to the public a few years ago but mainly it was 12.5” & 14.5” Mod 2 uppers online and the 16” Mod 1 rifles through one of the two dealers in San Antonio. As it stands right now full focus is on builder sets and parts like the new BCG and Gas Blocks, he will do another batch of rifles eventually, when he has some free time from other obligations. Some of the 16” Mod 2shttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483208/9B68406A-2947-458C-864D-E0B2D2BA7698_jpe-1829407.JPG
View Quote

Can you share any info about the new bcg?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I can tell you it’s from a new manufacturer, most obvious change is the Nitride carrier with a satin finish vs the glossy finish previously used.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can tell you it’s from a new manufacturer, most obvious change is the Nitride carrier with a satin finish vs the glossy finish previously used.
View Quote

Is it nitride? In hand it looks and feels very similar to phosphate.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is it nitride? In hand it looks and feels very similar to phosphate.
View Quote

It’s Nitride
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.gyrarms.com/
I happened across this rifle on impactguns.   Uses a 16” Hodge barrel and Mega/Zev receivers, 7 sided wedge lock, and FCD small parts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.gyrarms.com/
I happened across this rifle on impactguns.   Uses a 16” Hodge barrel and Mega/Zev receivers, 7 sided wedge lock, and FCD small parts.
View Quote

I’d be interested in knowing exactly what barrel is being used...DD made Hodge 16in barrels not FN.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’d be interested in knowing exactly what barrel is being used...DD made Hodge 16in barrels not FN.
View Quote

That was the impression I was under as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GYR arms description is kinda cryptic, says Hodge profile but doesn’t come right out and say “Hodge barrel”.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Still the best SBR out there IMO. Hodge barrel and S lock handguard. SBR lower. H3 buffer, G spring, and Vltor stock. Wilson Combat TTU trigger. Badger Condition One 1.7 mount with HRS RMR and NF C599 NX8 1-8. AAD scope caps.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Still the best SBR out there IMO. Hodge barrel and S lock handguard. SBR lower. H3 buffer, G spring, and Vltor stock. Wilson Combat TTU trigger. Badger Condition One 1.7 mount with HRS RMR and NF C599 NX8 1-8. AAD scope caps.

https://i.imgur.com/UUPbPb0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/buotu3E.jpg
View Quote

What does it weigh?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What does it weigh?
View Quote

@ThePewCollector
7.9lbs according to my Garmin scale.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UUPbPb0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/buotu3E.jpg
View Quote

Very nice

ETA: what’s up with the forward assist? Plug?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What does it weigh?
View Quote

Not bad. May have to locate parts and put something together. See what all the hype is about.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Very nice

ETA: what’s up with the forward assist? Plug?
View Quote

Looks like it’s either not installed or it’s a vented plug for suppressor use.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I wanted to see what all the hype was about which is what got me into trying to source the parts for 4 uppers. I got sick of waiting on the part here and there availability and dumped all my extras except for a 12.5 and 14.5.

My forward assist is a special sauce super secret government trial using nano bot technology and it appears to not exist because it imitates its background. A plug or vent for suppressed shooting was the best guess tho!

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wanted to see what all the hype was about which is what got me into trying to source the parts for 4 uppers. I got sick of waiting on the part here and there availability and dumped all my extras except for a 12.5 and 14.5.

My forward assist is a special sauce super secret government trial using nano bot technology and it appears to not exist because it imitates its background. A plug or vent for suppressed shooting was the best guess tho!

View Quote

The more I see the S-lok the more it grows on me and I think about trading my wedge lock for one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The more I see the S-lok the more it grows on me and I think about trading my wedge lock for one.
View Quote

I’ll take you up on that lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@ThePewCollector
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does it weigh?

@ThePewCollector

Loaded?

Get a can, too
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#41]
What does the S Lok rail bring that the Wedge lacks?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What does the S Lok rail bring that the Wedge lacks?
View Quote

Hodge would say a better barrel nut system and a sleeker rail. I wanted to like my wedgelock but it's very clunky in comparison. I dont have small hands by any means but the wedgelock just didn't fit my hand as well as the s lock. Both are beefy rails.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hodge would say a better barrel nut system and a sleeker rail. I wanted to like my wedgelock but it's very clunky in comparison. I dont have small hands by any means but the wedgelock just didn't fit my hand as well as the s lock. Both are beefy rails.
View Quote

Are you sure you don’t mean pinchlock? The wedge is not a beefy rail
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Are you sure you don’t be pinchlock? The wedge is not a beefy rail
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^ the wedge is the smallest of the three
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Trilok rail (wedge lok from Triarc) seems like a tank and as slim as I've seen.  In fact, it's almost like a monolithic from what I see.

What is S Lok actually bringing wedge does not?  I cannot find anything online...
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My Trilok rail (wedge lok from Triarc) seems like a tank and as slim as I've seen.  In fact, it's almost like a monolithic from what I see.

What is S Lok actually bringing wedge does not?  I cannot find anything online...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s a good article with Jim

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/hodge-defense-systems-a-2021-update-with-jim-hodge/

Eta: I fucked up the link...here it is
https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/hodge-defense-systems-a-2021-update-with-jim-hodge/
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

???

The barrel nuts themselves are exactly the same between all three rails; Wedgelock, P-Lock, and S-Lock. The barrel nuts that came with Mega and Hodge Wedgelock rails were Titanium instead of the SS on the P/S-Lock. I'm pretty sure the attachment method between P-Lock and S-Lock is identical to each other.

Although the P-Lock is larger, I find it really comfortable to hold.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Are you sure you don’t mean pinchlock? The wedge is not a beefy rail
View Quote

Yes, I meant pinchlock! Thanks for keeping me straightened out.  

Everyone else calm down...I made a mistake. Geezus.

The s lock is comfortable to ME.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Loaded?

Get a can, too
View Quote

@DefenderAO
Loaded with 30 rounds, Norma 55gr FMJ-BT, Magpul M3 mag, Samson aluminum vert grip, Proctor sling, and RC2.
10.4 lbs

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@DefenderAO
Loaded with 30 rounds, Norma 55gr FMJ-BT, Magpul M3 mag, Samson aluminum vert grip, Proctor sling, and RC2.
10.4 lbs
https://i.imgur.com/G8e2CJn.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loaded?

Get a can, too

@DefenderAO
10.4 lbs
https://i.imgur.com/G8e2CJn.jpg

Love the build.  I say balance > total weight but difficult to do with a can.

10.4 lbs with those features is impressive.  I like it.

Plan for a light?
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top