Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2019 9:20:09 AM EDT
I noticed Hexmag 2 magazines and I like the way they look, as silly as that may sound. I'm thinking of getting some instead of the more tried and tested Magpuls. Are the Hexmag 2 mags good to go?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
GTG, they feel thin (think MFT mags), but I never have issues with spreading feedlips or anything. They are my mag of choice, not that there is anything particularly better than PMAG outside of looks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you get the Series-2, which seems to have corrected a lot of the issues with the first series. I have some in my stash.

If you're interested, Mag Shack has a six pack of them for $49.99.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have series 2 Hexmags with no problems to report.

GTG  IMO
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:...If you're interested, Mag Shack has a six pack of them for $49.99.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't buy them but to each their own.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy them but to each their own.
View Quote
Any reason why?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any reason why?
View Quote
The Series 1 Hexmags had issues. He may have had some. The Series 2, from what I've heard, solved them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any reason why?
View Quote
I've had a Gen 2 have problems.

I just use Pmags, Lancer, D&H and Okay. No compelling reason to stray.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Series 1 Hexmags did have issues. He may have had some. The Series 2, from what I've heard, solved them.
View Quote
Correct, the Series 1 Hexmags did have problems.  The Series 2 corrected the issues.

If you have Series 1 Hexmags, contact them for a return shipping label and they should replace them with the updated magazines.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Correct, the Series 1 Hexmags did have problems.  The Series 2 corrected the issues.

If you have Series 1 Hexmags, contact them for a return shipping label and they should replace them with the updated magazines.
View Quote
They would not replace mine. I had four Series 1 with problems and contacted them about the issues nothing was ever done to resolve my problems. Not saying others have had the same problem but that was my experience with dealing with the company over my issues.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They would not replace mine. I had four Series 1 with problems and contacted them about the issues nothing was ever done to resolve my problems. Not saying others have had the same problem but that was my experience with dealing with the company over my issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been so long since series 1 was available, they probably can't afford to keep replacing them.

Reason I say this is I had series 1 mags. A couple did have issues out of 10. They sent me 10 series 2 mags, said keep the series 1 mags. Was kinda surprised they didn't want them back as what's stopping anyone from repeating the process under different name/address.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Their first go at it caused one of the nastiest failure to feed I've ever had. Round didn't feed anywhere close to properly and created a brass over bolt with a live round. The brass was bent at a ridiculous angle. No way I'd use them again when pmags are proven and no more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Series 1 Hexmags did have issues. He may have had some. The Series 2, from what I've heard, solved them.

Did you have to call or just email?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have Hexmag Series 2 magazines and have never had to contact them or replace any.

Hexmag

Use the Contact Us tab at the upper right with any issues you have.  I'm sure they will make it right.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's been so long since series 1 was available, they probably can't afford to keep replacing them.

Reason I say this is I had series 1 mags. A couple did have issues out of 10. They sent me 10 series 2 mags, said keep the series 1 mags. Was kinda surprised they didn't want them back as what's stopping anyone from repeating the process under different name/address.
View Quote
I tried returning mine right after they came out with the Gen 2. They would not even talk to me about the problems I was having with their mags. No big deal I trashed them and moved on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a couple of gen 2 mags and they work fine.  David
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#17]
The Series 2 seems to be okay, and you can get some good deals on them if you're stacking deep.

At this point, everyone should be stacking deep.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top