BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 7:27:27 PM EDT

Always had a boner for KAC

Always had a boner for a FSB 10.3 upper

So I figured I would make a "KAC MK18". I do not plan to stay close to the MK18 clone but I do plan to have the lower 100% KAC parts except the trigger. Rail will also be a KAC RAS and I already have the LMT fixed rear sight. Other than that it will be a pistol braced gun and a 1/3 red dot optic.

Very excited about this one. I can see it being my favorite by far.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I like where that is going.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That should be a fun one!
Post more pics on here when you get more parts going.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like thats gonna be nice
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I can already tell this is going to end well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
More pictures will certainly come
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
well i certainly hope the second build would be better than your first or else you would be doing something wrong
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chobasco:
well i certainly hope the second build would be better than your first or else you would be doing something wrong
View Quote

The first one is on a BCM lower and the second is on a KAC lower so we are off to a good start.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to the finished product.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes it's about the little things that come in the mail.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well i certainly hope the second build would be better than your first or else you would be doing something wrong
View Quote

Not trying to hijack the thread but that isn't necessarily completely true.

For example, if one's first build was done with higher end components and all really nice.  Then you tried to use it in a highly physical/realistic/tactical competition where you had to crawl under vehicles pushing the gun ahead of you in the dirt on the clock and we're slowed way down trying to not beat up your nice pretty gun.

So you did your second build as a "beater" build that ran well mechanically and shot well but wasn't near as nice or with near as expensive components so you didn't have to care if it got beat up and all scratched up and you could scramble through the combination obstacle/shooting coarse as fast as you safely and competitively could and not give a @$&+* about any scratches, dents, dings and whatever else your second "beater" build suffered.

My "beater builds" weren't exactly the second build, a little further down the count from there but if you were to look at them you would think they were my first builds.  Or more likely something I had picked up from a police auction either old duty weapons that had a very hard life and run hard and put away wet or liquidation of old no longer relevant evidence guns from a juristiction with a "no destroy" law on the books and no known original lawful owner to return too.

If you intend to train and/or compete hard you should have at least one gun that you literally don't mind dragging through the gravel.  Usually you don't figure that out with your first gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better how?  More expensive?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe he is referencing craftsmanship and more knowledge this time around than the first time.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top