Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2020 3:08:27 PM EDT
Hey guys, here's what I've settled on for a PSC-11 dual charging pistol upper. 7075 T6 billet, I have my own lower, same material. Was considering a MK18 in 10.5, but am now going 11.5" barrel.

What i'm looking for is your thoughts on JP vs Triarc barrels and rails... mainly barrels, i'm sure rail is more personal preference... hearing good things about Triarc, but have known of JP for over a decade...

Either a complete JP upper from them ordering now- 16 week lead time. Their Enhanced bolt and full mass system, silent captured spring for law tac folder in H2 buffer, they will cut down their 13.5" stainless 1:7 twist barrel to whatever i want- 11.5, 12.5, etc. base price $1800

Combo of Triarc and JP- I source from Brownells the PSC-11 builders kit- PSC-11 upper receiver with JP bcg- enhanced bolt and full mass, SCS law tac spring kit in H2- around $1000. Then I send that to Triarc for them to add their 11.5" Track 2.0 single edge polygonal rifling proprietary system in their NP3 finish (supposedly very accurate), gas block, Wedge 7 hand rail, and do a custom cerakote on everything including my lower ($480+275+200).

Order the Builders kit and parts from Brownells, then do a separate barrel only kit from JP, probably the same lead time and similar cost...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
JP makes an amazing barrel. I have one of their competition barrels from a while ago and beat it to death in matches for a few years. Still more accurate than I could ever ask it to be.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok... +1 for JP, thanks man
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been more than impressed with my Triarc 12.5 barrel. MOA out to 250 yards with front rest with 77gr IMI Razor. Thats not on a sled, just me with 1-8 Strike Eagle and LaRue MBT. 55gr zero with American Eagle was close too, which was nice for a zero and different ammo. They seem to be a hybrid of match and duty. I'd buy another no doubt.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
In general JP’s barrels are excellent. My 18” JP is easily my most accurate AR as it shoots XM193 at 0.9” and 77gr MK262 at 0.5”. I also don’t take good care of this barrel.

That is however their 1:8 twist .223 wylde barrels while their short barrels are 1:7 twist 5.56 chambers. Even then I would still buy a JP over any similar chamber and twist.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top