Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:33:05 AM EDT
I want to build a pistol upper based on an offering from Tier 1 Citizen (Abner Miranda).

The upper Abner sells has a 7.5" BA Hansen barrel paired with an 8"  BCM KMR handguard. The scalloped or "scooped" top front of the KMR allows just enough clearance for an A2 flash hider.

I'd like to purchase this upper directly from T1C but it's way out of my price range hence I want to build a lower-priced version myself.

I cannot justify spending $170+ on a BCM handguard either and so....

I'm looking for a lower priced 8" Handguard (M-LOK preferred but could do keymod) with the same angled cutout on the front of the handguard.

Who might offer such a rail?

Pic on this page shows A2 clearance on front of handguard
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd look at Midwest industries, UTG, Faxon, and so on. Try AIM Surplus

A little google-fu will do you wonders.  Also instead of a scalloped 8" rail, just get a 7" or 7.25" one.

Like this
or this
even this

Search and you shall find!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at a Guntec from Joe Bobs outfitters
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would not trust a setup with the ports on that muzzle device inside the rail (even a little bit), you’re just asking for problems and there’s no logical reason to do it.

As for other rails with a front profile like the KMR, I personally have never seen one.  Maybe look for a used KMR or MCMR on the EE?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, Midsouth shooters supply.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would not trust a setup with the ports on that muzzle device inside the rail (even a little bit), you’re just asking for problems and there’s no logical reason to do it.

As for other rails with a front profile like the KMR, I personally have never seen one.  Maybe look for a used KMR or MCMR on the EE?
View Quote
Not trying to change your mind but here's the vid that got me considering this type of build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ulWgbllcI
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Fortis Rev with BCMGUNFIGHTER Compensator inside rail is not the same as A2 with some clearance. I though the blast with A2 would be the same as comp or brake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Pay now or pay later.

Running a device with ports within the rail will end on failure.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
A picture is worth a thousand words or it can be worthless without some sort of context and more information.

Assuming it's an A2 flash hider this photo does not even compare with flash hider port clearance on the upper I've described.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
That muzzle device looks like a BCM piece
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Better yet. Primary Arms just posted their Flash Sale of the day: Diamondhead handguards for $80.  Front end is slanted and will provide full clearance for an A2.

I'm going with this.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top