Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2024 2:02:40 PM EDT
I am wanting to 1/3 cowitness my aimpoint with my Scalarworks front sight but imm torn between Scalarworks 1.57" Aimpoint T2 mount and the Arisaka Aimpoint Micro Red Dot Mount MK2 - 1.54”.

it will be going on an 11.5" rifle, and I do not have a NV set up at this time.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Scalarworks is typically the 'most correct' answer from an objective standpoint regarding RDS mounts. They're stronger and lighter than anything else. Buy used.

Arisaka makes great stuff, too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple 1.93 Scalarworks mounts and really like them. Very light, seem to be durable, and the QD system is awesome. The Arisaka will obviously save money and really only doesn't have the QD from a comparison standpoint. If QD isn't necessary and you need something now but don't want to spend Scalarworks money, get the Arisaka. If you can be patient, watch the EE here. I've picked both of my 1.93 mounts on the EE for around $100 shipped.

ETA: Dang, the Arisaka is double the weight...that's insane! We're talking 1.5oz here, so not a ton, but significant when you consider what it is.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: Dang, the Arisaka is double the weight...that's insane! We're talking 1.5oz here, so not a ton, but significant when you consider what it is.
View Quote

A fantastic alternative to SW is the Reptilia dot mount. Their 1.93 DOT is only .15 oz heavier.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw they are both made of 7075-T6 aluminum, but with Scalarworks being half the weight, I am leaning towards the LEAP mount.

Im sure it doesnt happen often, but anyone have issues with the mount snagging on anything due to the open construction ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw they are both made of 7075-T6 aluminum, but with Scalarworks being half the weight, I am leaning towards the LEAP mount.

Im sure it doesnt happen often, but anyone have issues with the mount snagging on anything due to the open construction ?
View Quote
I haven't had any issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently switched over from G mounts to Scalarworks and so far I really like them. They look good, are lighter and the QD seems pretty solid. They pop up all the time in the EE for around $100 or less.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll keep a look out for something in the EE!

Appreciate all the insight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top