Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2022 5:41:38 PM EDT
What’s a good helmet mountable light with white light and green or red LED?  I have a team Wendy helmet with MH25’s that I use for hog hunting and would like a helmet mountable light that can do white light for checking out the hogs after the kill and then a red or green task light that won’t scare away hogs.  I just bought the Princeton tec but wasn’t impressed, was thinking something like surefire’s aviator but I don’t know if that’s mountable.  Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire HL1?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surefire HL1?
View Quote

I looked at them, even talked to surefire about them.   Really want more of a traditional light
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.sandsprecision.com/m-ax-mount.html
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
which princeton tec light did you try ?

i have a charge , or charge pro , on my helmet and it works pretty good for task lighting
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
which princeton tec light did you try ?

i have a charge , or charge pro , on my helmet and it works pretty good for task lighting
View Quote

I bought the pro, it didn’t work with my unity peltor mount.  

I’ll post a pic as soon as it’s complete, but what I ended up going with was a surfire aviator (does white and red light) on a scout body, on a unity remora mount.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok here was the final solution

Team Wendy peltor adaptor
Wendy Peltor

Unity remora mount

Unity Remora

Surefire aviator light on a surefire mh30 scout body

Surefire Aviator

Surefire MH30 Scout Body

The team Wendy peltor adapters are very comfortable, I like these much better than the unity tactical adapters.  They have 2 settings wear you can pull them off your ears and they click in place, and then click them back down on your ears, very nice feature.  Also the team Wendy adapter sits higher up on the helmet which I prefer as well, I felt like I was running out of vertical travel on the unity tactical adapters.

The surfire aviator on the scout body was exactly what I needed, red light for tasks, and white light for navigation.  Each light color has a dim and bright setting.  The unity remora mount rotates which is also very convenient.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was interested in a similar setup.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top