Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 1:45:13 PM EDT
Couldn't decide which section to put this in so I'll just throw it in the general AR thread.  

Just received my Bootleg adjustable bcg from Brownells yesterday and immediately noticed a problem. The selector cam pin is machined backwards, it rotates upside down when you go through the adjustments. Called Bootleg and they confirmed that the last batch of bcg's they sent out all have this problem, wonderful! The guy from Bootleg was nice and answered on the first ring but not very apologetic, more of a 'sorry about your luck' kind of tone. Not a lot of QC going on before these go out the door it looks like, kinda shity for a $210 bcg.

He said they will have replacement parts available in about three weeks, I'm kicking myself now for not just holding out for another Gemtech. This one should in theory work on both extreme settings, ie, suppressed & unsuppressed, just not in the two intermediate settings as the porting is upside down.

I'll update this post whenever I receive the replacement adjustment pin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks
Can you post pics?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is the same, but I haven't used it yet and didn't realize the intermediate settings wouldn't work as a result. If it was cosmetic I wouldn't care.

I assume Bootleg will fix this issue at no cost to us? Thanks for the heads up OP. Fwiw my other Bootleg carrier has been excellent, so I'm willing to cut them a break so long as they do right by customers who have a faulty product.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is the same, but I haven't used it yet and didn't realize the intermediate settings wouldn't work as a result. If it was cosmetic I wouldn't care.

I assume Bootleg will fix this issue at no cost to us? Thanks for the heads up OP. Fwiw my other Bootleg carrier has been excellent, so I'm willing to cut them a break so long as they do right by customers who have a faulty product.
View Quote

Bootleg said the replacements parts will go out free of charge when they're ready, you will need to submit a service ticket on their website to receive the replacement though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks
Can you post pics?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
An entire batch??! Did they mention if they have recalled any unsold units? I would be pretty pissed if I jumped on an in-stock notification just to receive a defective BCG. Thank you for sharing this!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
An entire batch??! Did they mention if they have recalled any unsold units? I would be pretty pissed if I jumped on an in-stock notification just to receive a defective BCG. Thank you for sharing this!
View Quote

Not sure on the total count of effected bcg's, he referred to it as a batch. I did receive an email from them on Monday stating that the replacement part will ship in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Well shit, I'm gonna have to check the one I got a couple of months ago when I get home from work.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Update: My replacement pin / selector was delivered today. Should have it swapped out tonight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update: My replacement pin / selector was delivered today. Should have it swapped out tonight.
View Quote
Mine as well. Obviously not thrilled at the error on Bootleg's part but in fairness, they were prompt and professional about fixing the problem. I had two new adjustment cylinders in-hand within a work week of submitting the support email.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine as well. Obviously not thrilled at the error on Bootleg's part but in fairness, they were prompt and professional about fixing the problem. I had two new adjustment cylinders in-hand within a work week of submitting the support email.
View Quote

I would have to agree.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Their QC on my unit was garbage as well. They shipped mine with a firing pin that was clearly defective.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Their QC on my unit was garbage as well. They shipped mine with a firing pin that was clearly defective.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359052/20180503_085802_jpg-1967470.JPG
View Quote

Dude, that's the super gun show special filed full auto firing pin!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:02:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Pre filed firing pin. You’ll need a stamp!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
There have been a few blips in the past, also, but I haven't heard of any instance of people not being taken care of.

I like the Gemtech version better anyways; IIRC they also make that one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like they don't even look at these things for QC purposes? Could this be wrong?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top