Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
Stated on their website, the Hahn 9mm magblock will work with Colt/RRA 9mm uppers.  

Will I be able to use these reliably with a standard forged upper as well?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Forged or billet does not matter, its how the magwell is machined.   Be sure your magwell is broached, not milled. Broached corners are sharp, allowing the hahn to drop in without interference.
milled corners have a tool radius, will most likely prevent insertion.

that said, some broached wells are also tight, may not work. Only way to know is to try.  

The hahns are awesome, i have several dedicated, just bought another. Not cheap, but the LRBHO works perfectly, always.
Cannot recall, not sure if the drop-ins have LRBHO? a must in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I was planning on building around an Aero Precision lower and upper set that I had.  Question was regarding if the upper made a difference.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forged or billet does not matter, its how the magwell is machined.   Be sure your magwell is broached, not milled. Broached corners are sharp, allowing the hahn to drop in without interference.
milled corners have a tool radius, will most likely prevent insertion.

that said, some broached wells are also tight, may not work. Only way to know is to try.  

The hahns are awesome, i have several dedicated, just bought another. Not cheap, but the LRBHO works perfectly, always.
Cannot recall, not sure if the drop-ins have LRBHO? a must in my opinion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm planning on using an Aero precision upper with a Rainier Nitride select 9mm barrel.  Will that work?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as by "regular forged upper" you mean a colt-pattern 9mm upper, then yes. I use a Hahn top-block in my 9mm and it has a slickside M16 style carry handle upper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.  David Hahn reached out directly to me that all 3 magblocks will work.  A standard AR upper will work, does not require the Colt 9mm
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top