Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 1:38:10 PM EDT
I got this at a local show last weekend.  It's a late produced one with the dull finish.  Has no cracks or missing teeth and is in very good shape.  And, it's a LEFT side.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  A pre H&R, before @Mike_NDS crashed the market.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
This came in today to go with it.  I love opening NIW parts!

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it but its a curse to find something like that.  It will lead to another build - just wait and see
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  A pre H&R, before @Mike_NDS crashed the market.  
View Quote

How do you know it is an H&R?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Nice.  A pre H&R, before @Mike_NDS crashed the market.  

It's pre-modern H&R.  Shortly, most new M-16 & M-16A1 clone builds will be using brand new H&R furniture, as soon as Mike_NDS gets the molds straightened out.  The cost of originals will fall as there is a suitable alternative available to the market instead of NOS or used parts.  We're probably at peak price for retro parts, not to be seen again until H&R ends production, hopefully decades in the future.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope

While I am glad H&R is “back” and Nodak is involved with them repro parts will never replace or drive down the value even on legit US GI stuff.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but its a curse to find something like that.  It will lead to another build - just wait and see
View Quote

I think you're right.  About a month before this show, I went to one and found these.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope

While I am glad H&R is “back” and Nodak is involved with them repro parts will never replace or drive down the value even on legit US GI stuff.
View Quote

I agree on repro never replacing original.  But, I did get lucky; I only have about $42 in the hand guards, grip, and stripped A1 butt stock.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, it' happens.  Congrats on the great score!

I stumbled upon a pristine XM16E1 upper that was totally complete no drain FSs, straight gas tube, complete with stock and edgewood buffer but for whatever reason had a 601 bolt carrier and large head firing pin. I kept the bolt and carrier and sold the pin and bought a correct carrier for it then got a Nodak lower and mottled grip. The thing is like a fucking laser beam. I put it on a FA lower from work to let it breathe a while back.

People here shit on gunshows but it's worth going.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I don’t shit on them per say it’s just it’s rare to find anything worth the gas, tolls and entrance fee to justify going most the time.

Last one I went to I found a good deal on a ZF-4 scope with a G43 mount and all the goodies to include the carrying case, filter and sun shade. I paid $850 for it and one like it but without the shoulder strap recently sold on Gunbroker for over $5K

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Now the dilemma is keep it and put it on my G43 or flip it?

Last show all I really picked up was 2 RRA entry stocks with tubes. The only reason I even picked them up was because of a thread on here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Good score! I always like going to the gun shows here, they are not as good as they used to be before the great COVID fakeout, and 9/11 killed a good one at the National Guard Armory.
But you can still score once in a while. I got an early NDS A1 lower with nice USGI furniture. And some new in the box Vietnam era 20 rd mags.
Now the lower has to get built into a complete rifle!
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I never go to gun shows to buy guns.  I treat them as a library to learn.  There're always vendors with flint locks, lever action, both World War, and up to today's modern pistols, rifles, and shot guns.  I also look for the individuals with single tables with older or odd stuff.  Sometimes, you see retro parts, sometimes, you don't.  The fun is in finding them.  I buy what I can, but I am cheap.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top