Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2020 10:22:56 PM EDT
I recently bought one of the FN 20" NOS uppers and while running some patches through the barrel, they continually come out green. Typically, I would associate this with copper fouling, but these are supposed to only be test fired and the barrel rifling supports that. The barrel was pretty dirty, but a couple patches and the rifling looks perfect, strong and shiny just like my other brand new uppers.

I ran some slip 2000 solvent patches through it and then some slip 2000 oil, but they still came out green. I did not run any copper solvent through it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 2:59:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Plastic or brass jag?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Plastic. I made sure of that when they kept coming out green.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Who knows how long it had been sitting in there, and with it being a new barrel it was/is probably rough.

Plus I bet if you have used something designed to remove copper it would have cleaned up faster.

CU+2 is the best I've found, then probably Butches.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top