Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 12:11:43 AM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQwjfFBLDg

Probably the two best AR10 platforms available...glad to own a LMT 308 variant.

I find the LMT's monolithic upper to be a superior design.

Pick your poison though....both are excellent.

Thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I owned a MWS, I currently own a SR25, Larue, and Colt 901.

The MWS has many merits, but the standard model is very nose heavy compared to other options.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I went from the lm8(slickside version) mws to an acc sr25 and have absolutely 0 regrets.The mws was a fantastic rifle but it was incredibly nose heavy and was really unreliable with a suppressor. The sr25 on the other hand feels like a slighter larger ar15 and has been rock solid with the suppressor.Personally if you cant afford to step up to the sr25 or absolutely need the ability to swap barrels quicker the mws is an excellent choice.

IMO they are the top 2 308 ARstyle rifles on the market
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed about being a bit noise heavy...one of the reasons I cut it down to 13.5" and pinned it to 16"...feels a lot more like a regular AR now.

I do agree an LMT is way overgassed with a suppressor and wish they would update the gas block to have adjustments on it. But there is a fairly inexpensive way to solve that issue and thats an adjustable gas key.

What I do enjoy is that it runs Malaysian surplus ammo well with on par, if not slightly better accuracy than a Federal M80 ball.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Good video,

Shot both and own an mws and scar.  I think that if you are looking for the best 16 inch, gas gun on the market, I think KAC their CC/PC can claim that spot.

They are incredibly refined and shooting them verify this.

With that being said I have little interest in a 16 inch 308. Its too long to suppress and be practical.  Their special variant (6.5/308 SBR) uppers are prohibitively expensive.

The mws just works better in the end for me as the overgassing issue was able to be addressed by a heavier buffer, the weight is a non factor with a lightweight barrel and mloc chassis. They can be configured to be very comparable to a Scar.

The mws allows me to set up the rifle to do exactly what I want it to do.

I can suppress a 13.5 and 30 seconds later I can have a legit 1200 yard performer.

For the premium that it would require to do that with a Kac, that  IMO could be used on some pretty high end glass or NV.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I really don’t have a desire for a SCAR 17 after having the MWS.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Owned them all. Prefer the MWS actually. Price a replacement barrel and bolt for the KAC (plus tools or shipping back to KAC). You could have another 3 barrels for the MWS instead.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Great video. I have an sr25, but would pick up an lmt to go with it if my state allowed it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQwjfFBLDg

Probably the two best AR10 platforms available...glad to own a LMT 308 variant.

I find the LMT's monolithic upper to be a superior design.

Pick your poison though....both are excellent.

Thought I'd share.
View Quote
Made the link hot.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top