Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2020 3:31:38 PM EDT
Building an aero 308 m5 and my favorite charging handle on my 5.56 guns are the geissele super charging handles. I was wondering if the geissele ones work since they’re AR10 not sure if they’re compatible with dpms LR308 type receivers. If they aren’t what are some options out there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think this will help you but you do want to make sure about fitting before buying.  I use Gunfighter on all four of my DPMS LR-308 uppers and lowers with no issues. When I built a Aero M5 the Gunfighter worked in that upper when that upper was on a DPMS lower, but when I finished the AERO lower and put the two together, the BCM Gunfighter would no longer work.  The bottom cut out on the back of the CH would not clear the wider receiver extension boss on the Aero lower even though it worked fine on the thinner boss of the DMPS.
What I had to do was use the PRI Gasbuster CH.
Now, I know nothing about the G charging handle, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when the Gunfighter would not work with the Aero M5 lower.  I never would have dreamed such a misfit, especially since it worked with the Aero upper on the DPMS lower.  Who'd have though the lower would cause a problem?
Anyway, good luck with the G CH and I hope you will post what you find out about it fitting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, we shall see and I will report back. I ordered a 7.62 SCH for my M5 upper just a few days ago, but it's not here yet.

I have successfully used the 5.56 SCH in Aero M4 upper and lowers twice, so I hope it works out ok.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Last year I built an Aero M5 SBR with a 12.5 inch barrel and the Geissele SCH was part of that build. I have fired several hundred rounds through it and the SCH works as intended with no issues.
I used a Brownells Toolcraft bolt carrier with a JP 308 bolt I had sitting around from a previous defunct project. I experienced no fitment issues or unusual wear. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Geissele is GTG in the M5. I have one in mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think this will help you but you do want to make sure about fitting before buying.  I use Gunfighter on all four of my DPMS LR-308 uppers and lowers with no issues. When I built a Aero M5 the Gunfighter worked in that upper when that upper was on a DPMS lower, but when I finished the AERO lower and put the two together, the BCM Gunfighter would no longer work.  The bottom cut out on the back of the CH would not clear the wider receiver extension boss on the Aero lower even though it worked fine on the thinner boss of the DMPS.
What I had to do was use the PRI Gasbuster CH.
Now, I know nothing about the G charging handle, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when the Gunfighter would not work with the Aero M5 lower.  I never would have dreamed such a misfit, especially since it worked with the Aero upper on the DPMS lower.  Who'd have though the lower would cause a problem?
Anyway, good luck with the G CH and I hope you will post what you find out about it fitting.
View Quote
I use a gunfighter in my M5 and never had an issue.  Odd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele is GTG in the M5. I have one in mine.
View Quote
Just what I needed to hear!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Take it for what its worth but my Geissele AR10 charging handle was loosy goosy in my LMT MWS...like slooopy...it was terrible...ordered a Raptor...engaged nice and tight with little to no play.

LMT was like new...so it wasn't worn...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My SCH got here today and it fits fine in the M5 upper.

About 1/8" wiggle side-to-side when the bolt face is at the back of the ejection port which is about the same as all my other rifles (as far as I can remember before I lost them in the lake.)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top