Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2022 6:34:06 PM EDT
New to AR's and was interested in a pistol. Believe I may have it narrowed down to the SD and UIC. Any opinion on whether one of these may be the better option. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, better parts and better QC with ADM in those rifles from what I have seen myself.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen and read online ADM makes really nice pistols/rifles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant speak for the ADM as I dont own one but I do own a super duty SBR.
I cant say enough for their quality and reliability.
G makes a hell of a rifle, not sure what others have seen with QC but mine is rock solid in fit and finish.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You should get both.  Get a complete adm lower and a super duty upper.  Great options on both sides.  

If you weren't to go that route I would go complete ADM if it has one of the crierion barrels.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
ADM has ambi bolt catch and mag release features that I don’t believe the Geissele has, if that’s worth anything to you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I rock a UIC .
The ADM is very well made but slightly less known than SD
I am a self admitted Geissele  fan boy and have a few of their products.
Unfortunately I don’t have a SD
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my Geissele SD.

Very accurate with PMC 855.

I haven't had any experience with ADM other than their mounts, but if the rifle is like their mounts, it'll be great.

No bad decision here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should get both.  Get a complete adm lower and a super duty upper.  Great options on both sides.  

If you weren't to go that route I would go complete ADM if it has one of the crierion barrels.
View Quote

That could be a cool combination. ADM does have the criterion barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I rock a UIC .
The ADM is very well made but slightly less known than SD
I am a self admitted Geissele  fan boy and have a few of their products.
Unfortunately I don’t have a SD
View Quote

Think you would switch if given the opportunity?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New to AR's and was interested in a pistol. Believe I may have it narrowed down to the SD and UIC. Any opinion on whether one of these may be the better option. Thanks.
View Quote

Geissele has improved gas system/reduced dwell time
Geissele has forged bolt and a carrier with extended rails
Geissele has upper/hand interface
Geissele trigger is likely superior (subjective I know)

Basically the bolt and the gas system are pretty invaluable upgrades and other then G, are only found on KAC. I admittedly haven’t had hands on the ADM rifle, but aside from ambi lower (which non lefties sometimes complain about), what advantage does it have over Geissele?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I have ADMs in the collection and I have always said, ADM is the little known gem in the AR world...they fly under the radar and I would put my ADM's up against my Larue and DD rifles....
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Basically the bolt and the gas system are pretty invaluable upgrades and other then G, are only found on KAC. I admittedly haven’t had hands on the ADM rifle, but aside from ambi lower (which non lefties sometimes complain about), what advantage does it have over Geissele?
View Quote

Not sure about the gas system on the ADM. And only lists a 'premium BCG with nitride finish.' Does have a criterion barrel and a Geissele trigger. Ha ha, even better, I'm left handed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I have always been a big fan of putting your AR together based on what you want.  

The builders kits from ADM are top notch.  Criterion barrels are a favorite of mine as well as G triggers and rails.  You can get them and put them together fairly well if you know what exactly you want and need.

This one is a complete ADM early pistol

There are a ton of things that both companies do great.  I adopted the ADM lowers early and have them drilled into my brain on manual of arms.  They are great but the G triggers and rails are still my go to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Those pistols/rifles look great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Local gunshop has an ADM upper/lower set that I fondled for a bit. Seems really nice if you want a billet set. I cant speak for the rest of the parts though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:45:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably not .
But I will probably add a SD someday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not sure about the gas system on the ADM. And only lists a 'premium BCG with nitride finish.' Does have a criterion barrel and a Geissele trigger. Ha ha, even better, I'm left handed.
View Quote

Standard mid-length vs Geissele’s extended (like KAC). G’s is longer then midlength and shorter then intermediate. This reduces dwell time for a smoother recoil impulse and less parts wear. As far as bolt, the ADM is standard mil spec BCG. G’s bolt is forged and is the only manufacturer doing so, not to mention they’re using a proprietary steel from Carpenter. As a result, you get much stronger lugs that will likely exceed barrel life.

Now look into things like indexed/located gas block w/ second pin, charging handle, buffer system, and safety…in my opinion the Geissele is clearly superior. The accuracy from their in house barrels has been impressive and no real cons come to mind. Again, if as a lefty you have experience with and prefer ambi control, grab the ADM. I’m sure it’s a fine rifle but personally I wouldn’t bother as it offers nothing compared to the millions of other AR15’s that are assembled by companies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll take a ADM UIC over a G rifle every day of the week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Standard mid-length vs Geissele’s extended (like KAC). G’s is longer then midlength and shorter then intermediate. This reduces dwell time for a smoother recoil impulse and less parts wear. As far as bolt, the ADM is standard mil spec BCG. G’s bolt is forged and is the only manufacturer doing so, not to mention they’re using a proprietary steel from Carpenter. As a result, you get much stronger lugs that will likely exceed barrel life.

Now look into things like indexed/located gas block w/ second pin, charging handle, buffer system, and safety…in my opinion the Geissele is clearly superior. The accuracy from their in house barrels has been impressive and no real cons come to mind. Again, if as a lefty you have experience with and prefer ambi control, grab the ADM. I’m sure it’s a fine rifle but personally I wouldn’t bother as it offers nothing compared to the millions of other AR15’s that are assembled by companies.
View Quote

Sounds like the SD is the better option. And as a lefty never shot with an ambi lower so not sure how much difference that would even make.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sounds like the SD is the better option. And as a lefty never shot with an ambi lower so not sure how much difference that would even make.
View Quote
The ADM UIC is great for right handed shooters because it allows you to lock or release the BCG with your right hand in the firing position.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I cant speak for the ADM as I dont own one but I do own a super duty SBR.
I cant say enough for their quality and reliability.
G makes a hell of a rifle, not sure what others have seen with QC but mine is rock solid in fit and finish.
View Quote

Same here.  14.5” SD within the last year, no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any reason to choose the 14.5 over the 11.5?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you running it suppressed?
Different tools for different jobs/needs.
I prefer many of my ARs to be sub 12 inch barrels but they live their entire lives with a can on them.
My favorite barrel length is 14.5 though when not suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Real stocks are sweet.

Are you going to run suppressed?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are you running it suppressed?
Different tools for different jobs/needs.
I prefer many of my ARs to be sub 12 inch barrels but they live their entire lives with a can on them.
My favorite barrel length is 14.5 though when not suppressed.
View Quote

Never used a suppressor but would like to try one. Also like the 14.5 option unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Real stocks are sweet.

Are you going to run suppressed?
View Quote

Would like to try a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was a dedicated home defense rifle for me that I wasn’t planning on using suppressed.  14.5” obviously gets me shorter than the 16” and more FPS and less noise than an 11.5”.  

I don’t think there would be a problem but heaven forbid I ever need to use it for HD I don’t even want to have to deal with any sort of questions on “pistol” legalities in an ar platform.  Plus already mentioned, real stocks trump brace.

That said, in PA I could legally keep a loaded 11.5” pistol in my vehicle under my concealed carry license.    I can’t do that with a rifle.  Although personally, I think I would rather setup a 300bo if that was the purpose.

I may add an 11.5” at some point but will most likely SBR it at that point.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

But the ADM has other things that are going for it too, so in the end OP can't make a bad choice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll take a ADM UIC over a G rifle every day of the week.
View Quote

This.  ADM UIC is a sleeper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I haven't used a UIC.  I am interested in trying one.

I would get both.  I would put a G SD upper on a UIC lower and call it good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#31]
ADM has the best ambi controls, right there with LMT MARS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top