Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2020 2:32:44 PM EDT
Did my due diligence by scrolling thru this section but didn't find anything on my issue.

First Geissele Rifle and first time searching for MLOK Mounts for Optics and Lights, you name it. Other than Magpul and a few others who are tapped out, I'm not finding sites specifically for this Rifle and attachments.

If anyone w a Geissele cares to help me out by sending some links and pics of theirs I would be incredibly grateful!

Back to Google

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What specifically are you trying to mount? Optics are going to use the top rail for mounting for which there are endless options of mounts for pic rail. For lights there are plenty of companies that make mounts for mlok. I've used Arisaka for my Surefires. Grips and hand stops I use or have used for mlok include offerings from BCM, Railscales, Magpul.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand.  Do the Geisselle handguards use some type of non-standard MLok slots that don't work with regular MLok accessories?  

It seems like that would defeat the whole purpose of having an industry standard like MLok,wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What specifically are you trying to mount? Optics are going to use the top rail for mounting for which there are endless options of mounts for pic rail. For lights there are plenty of companies that make mounts for mlok. I've used Arisaka for my Surefires. Grips and hand stops I use or have used for mlok include offerings from BCM, Railscales, Magpul.
View Quote

Many thanks. I have spoken w Rail Scales and the pot is empty - but Honeycomb very attractive! TRUE on the Optic, torn between the EOTech w Green Reticle or a Vortex w 1x6 Throw- still need to see how that works when your so used to EOTech ya know. They are both at 50% Discount so lots of choices to be made. Its so insane how I can literally speak w a Magpul Rep and load items into my cart w him on phone, take out the garbage and they're out of stock!

Thanks again Mayhem!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Primary Arms is my go-to site for Magpul accessories. Good prices and quick shipping.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well. Today I found this Company which seems to make some stellar gear. In fact there WAS a Thread in 2019 which listed all the big names too .

However,  take a look at the Thermal Demo and some of the other videos too. They just may be a contender in my search!

Manta

**As you can all tell, I'm pretty new to the site - Again. If anyone reading this cares to clue me in - Is there no way to "Thank" or "Like" a Post from someone in the Thread?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

NOTE: Resurrecting My Own Thread
Since I put this topic up last Summer I've collected every M-LOK Accessory known to man, and came out with my Favorites (All of the above +)
However, right now I am puzzled (AGAIN) on a M-LOK related issue that I know someone here can answer without flaming me. I'm sure its right in front of me, but I'm having a TBI Moment here!

"How do I Mount a M-LOK Item onto a Picatinny Rail?"

I can't seem to locate the correct piece I need for the Bottom Rail? Could someone shoot me a Link with suggestions please?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's 1 -
http://vendettaprecision.com/m-lok-to-picatinny-rail-adapter/
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's 1 -
http://vendettaprecision.com/m-lok-to-picatinny-rail-adapter/
View Quote

Many thanks! I should've noted it NOT the Geissele Rifle Im talking of. Its an older BCM w Quad Rails Id love to change to MLOK but Im not certain how to do that either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Its an older BCM w Quad Rails Id love to change to MLOK but Im not certain how to do that either.
View Quote

Buy an m-lok handguard and install it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy an m-lok handguard and install it?
View Quote

Already doing that right meow! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
As Sammy Lee Hagar said when he was w/ Van Halen - "Right Here, Right Now" - what can I purchase to replace my BCM Quad (QRF) Rail with a MCMR/MLOK Handguard setup to keep using all of these MLOK items. Despite getting a Work Around and using some "MLOK to Picatinny" suggestion I'm extremely curious what's the best route.

This is my easy fix to mount MLOK on the Pic Rails. MLOK onto Picattinny rail.

However - What 12"-14" MLOK Rail is able to transfer over and fill that BCM (QRF) Rail with MLOK ONLY -But I'd love to get rid of BCM Quadrail for MCMR / MLOK.
BCM says its an easy Rail Replacement, but Im not as as sure. Links to suggestions are incredibly appreciated. Can I use ANY 12" Rail instead? Is 12" big enough?

Hey. Im not ashamed to admit these things are over my head. THEY ARE!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
You can install any rail you want, but will then also need to install the new barrel nut.  I'd think BCM m-lok rails would use the same nut and be an easier transition.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You can install any rail you want, but will then also need to install the new barrel nut.  I'd think BCM m-lok rails would use the same nut and be an easier transition.
View Quote

That's exactly what I've been discussing w my Armorer friend.  Also got an email from BCM on this as well. This was from them .

"Yes, our BCM KMR, MCMR, and QRF handguards all use the same KMR Barrel Nut and mounting hardware for installation.
You only need to remove the QRF handguard and then use the same barrel nut that is already installed to put on the MCMR handguard you want.
Hopefully this helps."

THIS is the only concern. The way it ties into the Upper Receiver.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I've been discussing w my Armorer friend.  Also got an email from BCM on this as well. This was from them .

"Yes, our BCM KMR, MCMR, and QRF handguards all use the same KMR Barrel Nut and mounting hardware for installation.
You only need to remove the QRF handguard and then use the same barrel nut that is already installed to put on the MCMR handguard you want.
Hopefully this helps."

THIS is the only concern. The way it ties into the Upper Receiver.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20210109_182805_jpg-1772146.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20210109_182835_jpg-1772147.JPG
View Quote

Doesn't your current BCM handguard mount the same?  That is just anti-rotation tab.  You can do without it, but I'd think it would be the same on their quads.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Correct. I assume you mean on their "MCMR" Handguards? I have the Quad Rails and would like to change to MLOK.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Correct. I assume you mean on their "MCMR" Handguards? I have the Quad Rails and would like to change to MLOK.
View Quote

If you buy the MCMR handguard, it will come with an entirely new mounting kit. You can use the existing barrel nut and pieces from the QRF. Just take off the QRF, swap over the anti-rotation tab to the MCMR or use the new one, and then just slide the MCMR onto the upper and use the existing QRF crossbolts or the new ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just do it, man!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
ROGER THAT ! Thanks for the help!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top