Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 11:52:23 AM EDT
I’ve built with aero and bcm low profile gas blocks. I’ve had fsb shaved to fit under a free float. I have a Geissele gas block I didn’t pin.

I recently gathered some spare parts and purchased some more to build a hard use, life dependable shtf upper.

I’m comfortable using my slr jig to dimpled the aero gas block I got. I’ve will be at 9” (mid-length) under a 13” handguard. Do I need to cough up the extra cash to pin a Geissele? Is pinning the aero gas block fine?

Also might be changing the gas tube once I run the gun suppressed and not suppressed to a brt tube. The gas port looks slightly large, and I am only running brass 5.56 in this upper. Possibly the occasional .223 but that is for hunting if the load I’ve stocked is accurate in the upper.

To be fair, I’ve put 4-5k on a home built upper that I dimpled a gas block, and didn’t pin. Never had any problems. Am I overthinking this?

Can I unpin my gas block if I get it pinned, to change the tube?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I overthinking this?
View Quote

Thinking so.  A GB under a rail doesn't need to be pinned, IMO.  It doesn't hurt, but a dimple will serve the same purpose and even the need for that is debateable if the GB cannot be impacted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top