Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 180
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Gangsters are going to the next level....  They will be typ 3 hardcoat anno'd too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/2020-10-28_6-37-37_jpg-1657498.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/2020-10-28_6-38-05_jpg-1657499.JPG
View Quote

Badass. You should get em engraved with the retro kac logo too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ATG08:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ATG08:
Gangsters are going to the next level....  They will be typ 3 hardcoat anno'd too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/2020-10-28_6-37-37_jpg-1657498.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/2020-10-28_6-38-05_jpg-1657499.JPG

And anxiously await the cease and desist in my mailbox?

Nah fam, I'm good
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]

And anxiously await the cease and desist in my mailbox?

Nah fam, I'm good
View Quote

You got an eta on those new ones? I’m definitely down for one of those!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I take back what I said about LSO. Got the second drilled and mounted on the MRE this morning while on a meeting about a future meeting

Feels fucking fantastic. Now to get some janky ones for gangster grips.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:04:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#5]
Yeah I need to get one of those for my MRE build. Did you get them through that sketchy looking paintball site?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
Yeah I need to get one of those for my MRE build. Did you get them through that sketchy looking paintball sight?
View Quote

Yeah I got two of the NOS ones. Logic says I need to get some busted ones, but these two have made me happy enough to maybe get some more NOS. They shipped pretty quickly, too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys better not fart around, cause I just bought a few more from them...
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#8]
Guess I can toss the barrel light mount. OGS just got a little less OGS

Edit: that's mo' betta

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
and where the fuck is your gangster grip young sir
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

You see, what had happened was, a dude sent me a gangster grip with a perfectly round hole. Not big enough, but round. I went to work with some 80 grit, but it was slow moving. Moved to 40 grit. Still gaining no trackable headway, I decided that a dremel was next up. Fast forward, hole ain't round no more. Even torquing down the set screw doesn't help because the sides fit fine, there's up and down play from the back. Only way to get it to stay put is to cant it up or down then torque the set screw, but then that leaves a canted up or down light. Not enough room to get a shim in there and I've sworn off metalwork until I get a drill press so I'm not fucking with it any more. And so is the ballad of a GWOTonian not worthy of the name....

Here it is, though! Got a nice angle so you can't see the shame

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

You see, what had happened was, a dude sent me a gangster grip with a perfectly round hole. Not big enough, but round. I went to work with some 80 grit, but it was slow moving. Moved to 40 grit. Still gaining no trackable headway, I decided that a dremel was next up. Fast forward, hole ain't round no more. Even torquing down the set screw doesn't help because the sides fit fine, there's up and down play from the back. Only way to get it to stay put is to cant it up or down then torque the set screw, but then that leaves a canted up or down light. Not enough room to get a shim in there and I've sworn off metalwork until I get a drill press so I'm not fucking with it any more. And so is the ballad of a GWOTonian not worthy of the name....

https://i.postimg.cc/XvMyqWgQ/PXL-20201027-143753161-PORTRAIT-01-COVER.jpg
View Quote

Hot damn that baby is awesome. Really hoping I can get pictures of my MRE build up in the next two weeks. Got an og first gen short dot coming in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#12]

View All Quotes

Hahaha

Didn't your new tube come yet?

Edit - I'm doing another MRE build - not taking the SPR MRE apart though
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Hahaha

View Quote

Aaaaah that's why! I've wanted to do another one to clone yours. I'm sure it's a heavy bitch, but #38 S-EX with a magnified optic just plain works for it. That's why I've kept my Block 1.

Tube wasn't in the mail today. I'll check again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Hot damn that baby is awesome. Really hoping I can get pictures of my MRE build up in the next two weeks. Got an og first gen short dot coming in.
View Quote

Let's see it! We gotta strengthen the MRE numbers in this joint!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Aaaaah that's why! I've wanted to do another one to clone yours. I'm sure it's a heavy bitch, but #38 S-EX with a magnified optic just plain works for it. That's why I've kept my Block 1.

View All Quotes

Hahaha

I checked tracking, tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Trying to nail down an optic for this Socom A.R.M.S. S.I.R. affair. Anyone have good things to say about the Aimpoint PRO? Or 1.5-5 Leupold? Or 1-4 Viper? I'd like to say a Razor but this "cheap parts bin build" has already gotten out of hand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Aimpoint pro and viper are both good. The p4xi is better, though it's went up in price. At one point you could buy a vortex ranger for $300 new (same as the viper pst), though I'm not sure that's still a thing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Trying to nail down an optic for this Socom A.R.M.S. S.I.R. affair. Anyone have good things to say about the Aimpoint PRO? Or 1.5-5 Leupold? Or 1-4 Viper? I'd like to say a Razor but this "cheap parts bin build" has already gotten out of hand.
View Quote

The gen 2 PST 1-6 is good, and it won’t break the bank.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#20]
Burris RT-6 can be had for ~$300, the glass is killer for the price. It’s what I’ll be using on my 16” GWOT-ish LaRECCE.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Need to figure out a different mounting solution for the light, but this is turning out pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#22]
i like that a lot
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By StinkPotJoe:
https://i.imgur.com/krxZhnf.jpg
Need to figure out a different mounting solution for the light, but this is turning out pretty awesome.
View All Quotes

i like that a lot

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Love it......ITS SCREAMING FOR AN LPVO
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By adh:

Love it......ITS SCREAMING FOR AN LPVO
View Quote

That's the eventual plan. I just had this comp m2 laying around and threw it on there for now. I'm not sure which LPVO it will get yet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#26]
i like that a lot
View Quote

I'd be lying if I said your 12.5/aem5 you had didn't inspire it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
i like that a lot

I was strongly debating putting that back together but went back to the flush aem5 med ras setup.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#28]

I was strongly debating putting that back together but went back to the flush aem5 med ras setup.
View Quote

My rifle length setup is so close to being done. My check cashed in June for my aem5 so I'm hoping I'm getting close. I'm tired of just having this mocked up lol.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:40:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#29]
you need to throw that down the driveway once or twice, the paint looks a little fresh

Edit: I cant wait to see it built though
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Sadly, it is still fresh. I have everything but the brake for it which I'm currently working on acquiring. Then it'll get the driveway treatment
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#31]

My rifle length setup is so close to being done. My check cashed in June for my aem5 so I'm hoping I'm getting close. I'm tired of just having this mocked up lol.

https://i.imgur.com/glz02u6.jpg
View Quote

I like that better than the standard NSW version
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder if this is a FF carbine RAS or an MRE with the front taken off...

Regardless, I really want a 511 or 551

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#34]

https://i.insider.com/5643827d9dd7cc10008c923d?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/NINTCHDBPICT000534798697-e1572261224540.jpg?strip=all&w=879
View Quote

I think it's most plausible that it's a FF RAS carbine, but being that the Armalite is chopped then they could have easily done an MRE also. I have looked at that picture so much because of the Armalite. I still want to do it but waiting on JT is just taking so long and now that the S.I.R. is secured it's on the back burner until homie's books clear up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#35]

I like that better than the standard NSW version
View Quote

Thats a huge compliment! I really wanted to do something different because I've put together so many at this point. I'm thinking it's going to get a vortex pst 1-4 in the near future. Here it is with the light figured out for now and my recce glass.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#36]

https://i.insider.com/5643827d9dd7cc10008c923d?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/NINTCHDBPICT000534798697-e1572261224540.jpg?strip=all&w=879
View Quote

Has to be a ff ras, if it were an mre it would have had to have the side rails cut back to be flush with the top and bottom aft of the fsp. Even when you remove the filler the side rails are still there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Well shit, pardon my brain fart.  I forgot the wings stay there when the filler is taken out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
MRE could be chopped to match the FF RAS carbine, if one was so inclined. Like I said it's way more plausible that it was originally the FF RAS carbine, but there is also a rifle-length handguard pictured that is cut down.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Thats a huge compliment! I really wanted to do something different because I've put together so many at this point. I'm thinking it's going to get a vortex pst 1-4 in the near future. Here it is with the light figured out for now and my recce glass.

https://i.imgur.com/vg6LCJg.jpg
View Quote

This is sick as fuck
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Well shit, pardon my brain fart.  I forgot the wings stay there when the filler is taken out.
View Quote

Don’t apologize homie, that shit happens on the regular to me. So many parts it’s hard to keep track sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#41]
Anybody have an actual PEQ-2? How does it compare to more modern options? I feel like almost nothing is more GWOT than that...
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Anybody have an actual PEQ-2? How does it compare to more modern options? I feel like almost nothing is more GWOT than that...
View Quote

I am so tempted to buy an airsoft version but I can't bring myself to do it.  If never buy the real thing since dbals exist
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Start to my 11.5 build project. Alignment pins came in pretty fast for the KAC rail so I’m going to try some assembly Monday.

Now to decide whether to use my Aero FDE receiver set that matches pretty close to the cerakote or run the black upper receiver I have. No sbr lowers yet so either way it’ll be a pistol for now

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Shaking My Fookin Head
So many great things turn bad with a dremel
Shit look good doe
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

PRO is g2g my 3 are total sluts and have been on top of everything. 1-4, 1-6 vipers are well worth the money. Weaver tactical 1-5 isn’t a bad choice either
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

Shaking My Fookin Head
So many great things turn bad with a dremel
Shit look good doe
View Quote

Bro I only have myself to blame!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#47]
@stinkpotjoe is a homewrecker

also
@cmcctx I got your shit homie, going out tomorrow

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#48]
@SDMF_Rebel good shit! Can't wait to get it slapped on!

Now with 100% better fitment

It's like @Dobs013 old Black Beauty (may she rest in peace) had a ghetto cousin, Blacc Beauty. I fuckin love this rig.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#49]
@SDMF_Rebel good shit! Can't wait to get it slapped on!

https://i.postimg.cc/GhF2Xw9t/PXL-20201102-210659068-PORTRAIT.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bwLvjxxj/PXL-20201102-210619005-PORTRAIT-01-COVER.jpg

Now with 100% better fitment

It's like @Dobs013 old Black Beauty (may she rest in peace) had a ghetto cousin, Blacc Beauty. I fuckin love this rig.
View Quote

That’s what I’m sayin!...I finally finished the gun I gave up place beauty for...

Recce from across the pond! Better pics to follow. And you’re gonna make be build another mre!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#50]
@stinkpotjoe is a homewrecker

also
@cmcctx I got your shit homie, going out tomorrow

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20201101_173315_jpg-1664524.JPG
View Quote

That's a perfect combo though
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top