Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2019 2:12:53 AM EDT
Did my due diligence and searched here first before asking

Listening to Chris Bartocci with Small Arms Solutions, he is so in favor of G96 products....he is very opinionated, so wondering what is the experience here with G96?

He does not like Breakfree CLP, but also does not like M14's nor 1911's

A few weeks ago, it got down to 28 degrees here in Louisiana, low for us here, and was out in the shop, was more than likely 35 in there, and was lubing up some rifles and noticed for the first time how thick my Slip 2000 oil was....never really paid attention before and much less at these low temps...

Looking at the G96 website, it appears this oil is unicorn milk and listening to him, the best you can get

Just looking for feedback.  Been running Slip 2000 and Wilson Combat for years,  not looking for change, but always on the look out.

Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did my due diligence and searched here first before asking

Listening to Chris Bartocci with Small Arms Solutions, he is so in favor of G96 products....he is very opinionated, so wondering what is the experience here with G96?

He does not like Breakfree CLP, but also does not like M14's nor 1911's

A few weeks ago, it got down to 28 degrees here in Louisiana, low for us here, and was out in the shop, was more than likely 35 in there, and was lubing up some rifles and noticed for the first time how thick my Slip 2000 oil was....never really paid attention before and much less at these low temps...

Looking at the G96 website, it appears this oil is unicorn milk and listening to him, the best you can get

Just looking for feedback.  Been running Slip 2000 and Wilson Combat for years,  not looking for change, but always on the look out.

View Quote
I too am in Louisiana (Southern part between BR and N.O.). I use Slip 2000 EWL30 (which is a little heavier/thicker than the SLIP2000 EWL) on my duty pistol (Glock 17), SRT/Duty Rifle (Bushmaster Patrolman Carbine), and off-duty carry pistol (S&W M&P Compact .45).  I have had really good luck with it, and have no reason to change. I used to use the CLP stuff a while back, but have moved on to the SLIP 2000.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't over think this. If what you have is working, keep using it until it stops/becomes unavailable/or you run out.

I'm not saying it isn't fun to experiment, I do that every once in a while myself, but most of these lubes are pretty much the same and your weapons aren't going to know any difference one way of the other.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I love me some G96 triple action gun lube. It's a bit on the thin side so I'll usually use it for a cleaner. It leaves a really nice coating on the parts. Them I'll use EWL30 or the synthetic G96 for a lube since those are a bit thicker.

I definitely prefer G96 as a cleaner to Slip. IME Slip doesn't clean very well at all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I use G96 because it smells good to me and that is the main reason I use it.  I mainly use it to wipe down guns.  Seems to work decent as a CLP.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]
G96 Military bore solvent is an excellent bore cleaner, one of my favorites.

G96 Synthetic CLP is an excellent CLP that is one of my favorites but I think it is too expensive.

Havent tried any of the other G96 products although I am sure they are quality and have their place.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of it will work including Mobil1, but G96 is good stuff.  Bartocci recommends the mil version clp and that's what I recently bought.  It stays put very well, I'll know more after a few months of use.  So far so good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of it will work including Mobil1, but G96 is good stuff.  Bartocci recommends the mil version clp and that's what I recently bought.  It stays put very well, I'll know more after a few months of use.  So far so good.
View Quote
I just two of my 9mm ar’s out that have been cleaned and lubed with g96syn...in cabinet for days and lube Right There on carrier contact points.    I would have zero worries taking them both to range shooting right Now

H
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the G96.  Used it here in PA last year when it was close to 0 and had no issues at all

I use it for both cleaning and lube.  I dont go crazy with cleaning etc and this stuff suits my needs just fine
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
g96 gun treatment, will crack most non firearm plastics.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top