Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2022 6:02:59 AM EDT
I recently picked up a full power Peq 15. Everything works great on it except the ir Illuminator. The knob appears stuck and I can’t make any adjustments. It is for sure a full power unit as the ir laser is very strong on full power. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, any advice on how to loosen it up? This is not a civ/ non adjustment model.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a active thread here about airsoft peqs made by somogear that might help.

They are disassembling them for potting and cleaning up the adjustment contact points.

The teardown pics in particular may help you see what your options for repair/mod are.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a active thread here about airsoft peqs made by somogear that might help.

They are disassembling them for potting and cleaning up the adjustment contact points.

The teardown pics in particular may help you see what your options for repair/mod are.
View Quote

I don't think that's going to help. It's completely different internals on a real PEQ and it isn't easy to disassemble at all.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a small c clip that is installed behind the lens of the PEQ illuminator before it is put in. If it is twisted to the point of coming completely off then the lip is damaged and it will not function correctly. If you truly have a FP PEQ my only guess is maybe someone tried to glue it to keep it from coming off completely and being lost.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, unless you bought it brand new (they're out there - mine was sealed in the bag), the previous owner screwed you.

As mentioned, it sounds like it was previously unscrewed too far.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top