User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 1:15:31 PM EDT
Near-Complete Failure: Delta CAR-15 at Midnight Brutality 2023
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My initial take away is Delta used duct tape and now the entire Arfcom forum can be reduced to “is my _____ good to go over using duct tape?”

Period correct tape in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone ever shot a Son Tay raider style carbine* at a match or even on benchmark timed drills?

* I.E., essentially a carry handle mounted Singlepoint , 2 position buttstock and milspec trigger.

I'm curious about the performance delta between that and a state-of-the-art optic/stock/trigger set up at close range..
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My initial take away is Delta used duct tape and now the entire Arfcom forum can be reduced to “is my _____ good to go over using duct tape?”

Period correct tape in the EE.
View Quote

@TacticoolNinjaName

Where specifically in the EE? I checked a couple sub sections but the search function sucks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@TacticoolNinjaName

Where specifically in the EE? I checked a couple sub sections but the search function sucks.
View Quote
I suspect that he was making a gag about "period correct duct tape" becoming a collectible commodity thanks to this "Delta carbine" making an appearance on FW.  Based on judging the lengths folks will go to in hunting down authentic small parts, knick knacks, and obsessing over period correct finishes for our retro tribute guns.

Good news is that duct tape and gaffer's tape hasn't discernibly changed since they came in the market.

What I would like to see is the reappearance of South-East Asia ERDL pattern camo rolls of vinyl electricians tape.  My dad's USAF flight helmet was completely covered with it so that no white plastic was visible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@TacticoolNinjaName

View Quote

??
My bad.  Give me about an hour to hit up the Home Depot and I’ll find that listing.  I think it was about $50 a foot.  Sound good?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol I gotcha.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now now now, let's not be too hasty about declaring that there's "no such thing" as period correct duct tape...

https://i.redd.it/ftfoxqrykzo61.jpg

For example, the "bright green" duct tape was also being used back then (see the tape on the carry handle and kneepad, kneeling bottom left front row), though the darker green was becoming more common...

There are also quite a few variations of "100 MPH tape" and similar products these days, with some shinier, glossier variations, as well as more matte, more "fabric-y" tapes.

~Augee
View Quote

https://www.iso-group.com/NSN/7510-00-266-5016

https://www.wbparts.com/rfq/7510-00-266-5016.html

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Neat video. It's pretty cool how night vision tech has advanced in the last 40 years.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top