Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 11:58:03 AM EDT
Does anyone run their setup with a folding stock/ brace?

I’m trying to setup a home defense rifle or pistol
I saw dead foot arms sells one that you can shoot from the folded position
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you read the website about the deadfoot arms device, you will understand that it is a very invasive modification.
It removes the buffer tube, spring and buffer completely. You have to send in your bolt carrier for modification. You no longer have an AR style gun.
I would be a bit wary of reliability and functionality after that amount of hacking.

If you want something with a folding stock, that can be fired with the stock folded, you really want to look at other types of gun - maybe a sig MCX, or even AK.

With a Law Tactical folder, you can't fire with it folded (well, you could, just once, then you would need to extract the bolt carrier from your face).
However, moving it from the folded to the operational position takes about one second.

If this is for home defense, why do you even want a folding stock?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the look of a folding brace/stock also for storage purposes

But that being said about dead foot arms I appreciate the feedback

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I put together a pretty darned full review of folding stock adapters. DFA would be the way I'd go for a semi-auto. The Law is a brilliant unit and only marginally more great than the Sylvan Arms Gen 3 unit which costs substantially less and is essentially identical save a couple minor quibbles and being 7075 aluminum instead of steel (it's still stupid strong). I've found exactly zero difference in reliability or performance between all 3. YMMV. What DFA is is expensive as fark for the privilege of not having to flip your stock closed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The Law folder is a little expensive. The only reason I prefer it is that there is an adapter kit for the JP Enterprises captive spring buffer to work with it, and I am a big fan of the JP CSB, particularly for short barrel and 300 BLK. Swapping the weights (or even spring, but I never had to do that) saves all the screwing around with adjustable gas blocks, different buffer spring/buffer combinations, and is much quieter.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What DFA is is expensive as fark for the privilege of not having to flip your stock closed.
View Quote

And isn't the purpose of an SBR/pistol brace to help you shoot more accurately?!?  It takes a whole what 2 - 3 seconds to lock your stock in place?!? Much ado about nothing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top