Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 6:44:44 PM EDT
I've been out of the AR game for a number of years.

Just recently purchased a 9mm AR pistol with SB3A brace installed. What options available for adapters that allow the brace to fold?

Thanks in advance.

Quib
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Law folder is your best bet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Law folder is your best bet.
View Quote

There are some knock-offs but I've never seen one in the wild.  
I've had my Law Folder for a year.  It's rock solid.  If you can find one, they're pricy little buggers but worth every penny.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA daily deal.....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]

???????

Get the LAW folder

The Sylvan folder looks retarded

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]

That cant be installed properly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the suggestions!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the way that installation looks.

There should be a better way to get the hinge to sit more flush with the back of the lower receiver, like the Law Tactical version does. I'll most likely go with Law Tactical.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are some knock-offs but I've never seen one in the wild.  
I've had my Law Folder for a year.  It's rock solid.  If you can find one, they're pricy little buggers but worth every penny.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for the Law Folder.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is.  That's just how they look.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it looked "proper" it would infringe on the LAW patents...
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]

A hacksaw and file would make it look less retarded.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A hacksaw and file would make it look less retarded.
View Quote

That thought had entered my mind.

Cut the folder receiver extension so that it screws further down into the lower receiver. Eliminate that large gap. Leave just enough room to get a thin castle nut wrench on the nut to tighten.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#13]
The Law folder is steel though compared to the aluminum Sylvan arms, weighs quite a bit more.
Shield FLR looks a lot nicer than LAW but who knows when it will be available to purchase
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Law folder is steel though compared to the aluminum Sylvan arms, weighs quite a bit more.
Shield FLR looks a lot nicer than LAW but who knows when it will be available to purchase
View Quote

17 Design already has a folding lower out there, I've seen them in shelves, very tempted.

https://aimsurplus.com/17-designs-iflr-integrated-folding-lower-receiver/
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
better watch you lop....with a pistol
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the Sylvan Arms one and id like to say its good but the buffer retaining pin broke. I put in a spare one and so far so good but it gives me pause to recommend the product.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
LAW folder is by far the most popular, but the downfall is that the gun, while folded, cannot be fired continuedly.  

Dead foot makes a folding option that it can be fired multiple times while folded.   I have had one for a short time and love it.   Downfall for this is that the folder needs a shorten BCG and it becomes pricy.   If doing a build and starting with dead foot, it doesn't add much cost, but if adding to existing gun it is pricey!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Sylvan Arms and don't like the way it looks. It functions fine and it was the only option available at the time. LAW is impossibru to find.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LAW folder is by far the most popular, but the downfall is that the gun, while folded, cannot be fired continuedly.  

Dead foot makes a folding option that it can be fired multiple times while folded.   I have had one for a short time and love it.   Downfall for this is that the folder needs a shorten BCG and it becomes pricy.   If doing a build and starting with dead foot, it doesn't add much cost, but if adding to existing gun it is pricey!
View Quote

Whaaaaatttt....are you saying you didn't fall for their vaporwear special BCG adapter that allows for it to be fired multiple times while folded?  It is hitting the market any day now...right with the PSA MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Whaaaaatttt....are you saying you didn't fall for their vaporwear special BCG adapter that allows for it to be fired multiple times while folded?  It is hitting the market any day now...right with the PSA MP5 clone.
View Quote

Built the one on the left as a pistol in 2008 before SBRing
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
If I wanted a folding AR pistol I would go with the NFA C9 Billet side folding lower.

New Frontier Armory

The pivot device is forged into the lower receiverAttachment Attached File

Unlike PSA, NFA will actually email you when an out of stock item comes back in stock...AND their pistol caliber uppers can be purchased with LRBHO
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got to try out my DPMS "Kitty Kat" 7.5" upper (5.56) and a L.A.R. "Grizzly" lower, with the Sylvan Arms side folder.

Put 60 rounds through it with zero issues, even hitting steel at 50 yards.

Folded her up and placed it back in my backpack. I like it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm curious, why would you want to fire it while folded?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm curious, why would you want to fire it while folded?
View Quote

Getting off a quick/first shot when pulling it out of a backpack or other concealed location (like in a vehicle).

Honestly, you can fire it while folded....ONCE...but what you can't do is charge it while folded.  

I don't keep one in the chamber when my .300blk with a LAW folder is in my backpack.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top