Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2018 11:37:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat. How is the return to zero on receiver mounted optics?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nanashi] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Minnesotadude:
Neat. How is the return to zero on receiver mounted optics?
View Quote
Same question from me. Also is that a custom barrel?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:. WANT!

Will make a nice “truck gun”
View Quote
In 5.7x28mm w/ a CMMG lower.  

Return to zero isn't an issue if one mounts a red dot on the forend.

OP, were you the engineer who originally posted about this design here?  Care to tell us briefly who the owner of the product is now, and who it was a year ago?  What happened?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Neat. Tag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:08:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoldAR] [#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it's an awesome design, but those were some Cadillac price points.  @ $800ish for an upper, I can aspire to replacing my SUB-2000.

You need a DI upper in.357 SIG and 9x25mm Dillon.  Glad to hear it will remain in production.

The easy way to assure zero is the same way you can run a Ruger PCC takedown - red dot on the forend/bbl, magnifier on the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FoldAR:

For those wondering we have had 0 issues as far as return to 0's with the way our system locks up which is the big + with it in general.  We are in the middle of having third parties test/prove are claims as well and you will obviously see more of this once they hit shelves and people post their own reviews confirming this.  We are excited about it and has been a work in progress bringing this to market properly.

In regards to your second question, while FoldAR did invent, design, and manufacture F&D's XAR Invicta, many upgrades and design enhancements throughout the FoldAR platform have been incorporated since, making the FoldAR a much higher quality and robust system than the XAR Invicta. At the same time we have brought the costs down substantially from the XAR Invicta production line.

We are the original inventors and patent holders for this amazing technology (US Patent Number 9,995,556). However, in early 2017, F&D was provided conditional licensing rights (by FoldAR's parent company) to the technology but F&D failed to meet its basic contractual obligations. This resulted in termination of the license. As a result of this experience, we realized that the only company who could bring this product to market correctly would be us, which led to the birth of the FoldAR brand. Coincidentally, the FoldAR parent company has been in the business of designing and manufacturing high-end AR’s for over a decade, so this venture is no new territory.

FoldAR maintains exclusive ownership to all manufacturing equipment, processes, and intellectual property rights to produce the folding firearm products. F&D is no longer producing the folding firearm products, but is simply selling off the last of its remaining inventory. With all rights and capabilities being in control of FoldAR, we are able to bring a higher level product to the market for a much lower price. And this will be our long-term objective and commitment to the consumer.
View Quote
So are you Corby Hall?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Man you guys need a military contract for PDW's !
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By j_cobbers:
Man you guys need a military contract for PDW's !
View Quote
I think they prefer things that don't require assembly/unfolding to operate, but it could find a home in a pilot's bug-out kit if it's light enough.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
What components are unique and which components interchange with standard AR parts?

Barrels, lower parts, bolt/bolt carrier...
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FoldAR:  Sneak preview of our forged M-LOK rails which will be standard on all our uppers and complete firearms!

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43097417_284174572423604_747263209299247104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=540d4042d8a4f91bf1c26761323d8043&oe=5C1ED1F0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FoldAR:  Sneak preview of our forged M-LOK rails which will be standard on all our uppers and complete firearms!

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43097417_284174572423604_747263209299247104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=540d4042d8a4f91bf1c26761323d8043&oe=5C1ED1F0
No offense, and I still want one, but that looks heavy.

Originally Posted By Wangstang:  What components are unique and which components interchange with standard AR parts?

IIRC from the previous threads...

It's a proprietary upper, forward rail, and bbl extension.  I think that's it.  Maybe the gas tube.  They did say you couldn't use piston systems, but I think that could be finangled.

I'm thinking a CMMG bolt & carrier, and a lower that takes .22 TCM, 5.7x28mm, .357 SIG, or 10x25mm Dillon mags, w/ a pinned & welded suppressor to take it out to 16".  Swaps from pistol to rifle w/ installation of a carbine stock, ammo compatibility w/ my CC piece, and better than 2100 fps out the muzzle, folding to the same length as a SUB-2000, but can carry it into Texas liquor stores.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 2:00:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Interdasting.  Will have to keep an eye on this.  I can see a backpack AR coming in handy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure would make cleaning the barrel extension/chamber easier.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]
For the new price I like it even more
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
If they can pull this off (return to zero), I think this is the next big step for the AR platform; just about everything else has already been done.

That said, I still want to see a return-to-zero test.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
What components are unique and which components interchange with standard AR parts?

View Quote
@FoldAR

Can you please answer this question?  I know another member speculated, but I'd like to hear it from the manufacture.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:41:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: enov8ive] [#22]
https://foldar.com/frequently-asked-questions

Q: DOES THE FOLDAR PLATFORM ACCEPT "STANDARD" AR-15 PARTS?

A: Yes! The FoldAR platform was built around maintaining as much standardization with "mil-spec" components as possible and is compatible with most of your standardized AR-15 parts. The only proprietary operational parts are the upper receiver, forearm, barrel extension, gas tube, and locking lever. We offer parts for individuals, gunsmiths, and OEM’s who wish to assemble or turn their own barrels for acceptance into the FoldAR platform.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]
These look fan - freakin - tastic! If everything pans out I will be adding one to the stable. Good ole American ingenuity at work here!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
It does look very promising.

I hope the manufacturer really tightens that chamber up though, can't hurt accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tabascobilly:  It does look very promising.

I hope the manufacturer really tightens that chamber up though, can't hurt accuracy.
View Quote
You can put your own bbl on it, just have to use their bbl extension.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: enov8ive] [#26]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You can put your own bbl on it, just have to use their bbl extension.
View Quote
The chambers are headspaced at +.002" which is pretty much the bottom limit for optimal accuracy while retaining loading/ejection reliability.
Chambers and muzzles are within .003" TIR.
These units are designed to achieve 1moa after a break-in period, operator and ammo experimentation.

For maximum precision, other things you can do beyond that is spec out a custom barrel that is hand lapped and custom profiled.
Contrary to some current gimmickry marketing trends, we dont recommend any cold-hammer forged barrels for precision applications.
Then if your smith is any good you can have him orient your bore curve and gas port to TDC.
These get pretty expensive ($400-$800) and can get heavy, so we don't go that route for general consumer level products at these prices.
However, for such applications we can provide barrel extensions for your smith or custom barrel maker.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j_cobbers] [#27]
@ OP: For the folding buttstock on the lower, are you partnering with Deadfoot Arms? It looks like their modified cycle system and folding stock.  If so that's awesome, I like the idea of to collaboration of new companies doing cool stuff together.

EDIT: I read your FAQ and see that you are in fact working with them, again that's awesome!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#28]
@foldar three of us will be hunting outside of Henderson next weekend.  Any chance your storefront is open on Saturdays?  We might pop in and say hello.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:
@foldar three of us will be hunting outside of Henderson next weekend.  Any chance your storefront is open on Saturdays?  We might pop in and say hello.
View Quote
Right now we are leaving AUSA and heading to NASGW and wont be back for a couple weeks still.
Let us know next time though!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Does it fire and cycle with the stock folded?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
View Quote
Yes, I believe they're using the Dead Foot Arms folding mechanism and carrier/springs.

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm gonna go broke because of shit like this
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
View Quote
The real question is can we fire it with the barrel folded.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By giantpune:  The real question is can we fire it with the barrel folded.
View Quote
Set off a primer, like a SUB-2000 can?  Sure.  You'd have to force a cartridge under the extractor, and the case might split.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know if these guys are still in business?  They aren't returning phone messages, and they aren't answering email.

Thanks.

Dan
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, crap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Double folder is pretty wide, but a pistol in 300" where the bbl was the right length for it to fold to the same length at the brace would be a pretty awesome backpack gun. This product is new to me...and of interest!
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Adalebert] [#41]
So the back of that dead foot carrier does not go to the back of the receiver, doesnt the action spring get caught on the edge of the receiver extension?  I dont really understand how those springs and that the little piece fits together.

Anyway, how long of a barrel, measured in the bore, is same length as the receivers w/ a carbine receiver extension installed?

Any chance of a LH model?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Adalebert:
So the back of that dead foot carrier does not go to the back of the receiver, doesnt the action spring get caught on the edge of the receiver extension?  I dont really understand how those springs and that the little piece fits together.

Anyway, how long of a barrel, measured in the bore, is same length as the receivers w/ a carbine receiver extension installed?

View Quote
You could cut the ejection port and carrier pin cut on a mill, and run a Stag BCG.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#44]
A 12" barrel is the ideal length for a single fold with standard buffer tube installed... then of course fitted with a pistol brace for non-NFA.
These 12" barrels will be available in a couple months.
View Quote
Will this include 300blk barrels?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Adalebert] [#45]
On the DFA parts, the springs come out the back before trying to unpin the lower from the upper. No tools required.

A 12" barrel is the ideal length for a single fold with standard buffer tube installed... then of course fitted with a pistol brace for non-NFA.

None
View All Quotes
On the DFA parts, the springs come out the back before trying to unpin the lower from the upper. No tools required.

None
So a 12” bbl w a typical length muzzlebdecice would be flush w the rest of the gun, or like a 12” w/? plain muzzle

By 12 do you mean 12.5?

Thank you for being frank about the left hand version.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]
You could cut the ejection port and carrier pin cut on a mill, and run a Stag BCG.
View All Quotes

Not a bad idea.  I guess on a forged type receiver you would have to basically cut a hole above the front of the ejection port for the cam pin, and the come up w some way to make the ejection port stay closed w/o the detent.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top