Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 5:08:18 PM EDT
Brand new to the AR-15 world so please bear with me if this is a noob question. The pistol I ordered comes with M4 Receiver Type however I'm looking at replacing the KAK shockwave blade it comes with with the SBA4 brace however the website states the SBA4 brace fits all platforms capable of accepting a mil-spec carbine receiver extension. Is this compatible?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not familiar with the kak shockwave buffer tube.
But if you get a mil-spec buffer tube and a castle nut wrench you should be good to go for the sba4.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked it up and I may found my answer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The Shockwave Blade tube will not work with an SBA4.   While the tube is the same "size", it won't work with a normal adjustable brace/stock.  

This is the Shockwave Blade buffer tube. (Original)
https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-7075-shockwave-tube

This is a mil-spec buffer tube.
https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-ar15-carbine-buffer-tube

Is it a Blade or a Blade 2.0?   Blade 2.0 has it's own special buffer tube, BUT it can use a mil-spec buffer tube.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m sure the SBA4 comes with the buffer tube, as all of my SBA3s did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m sure the SBA4 comes with the buffer tube, as all of my SBA3s did.
View Quote

SBA3 braces were sold with or without buffer, spring, tube, and castle nut. The SBA4 is no exception as it can be purchased as a brace only without the other parts.
SBA3 braces were sold with or without the receiver extension tube. The SBA4 is no exception as it can be purchased as a brace only without the tube. Either way, one still needs a buffer, spring, and castle nut. We re-used our originals and it worked fine.

Edited: I was very tired when I wrote that and the original is in error. Sorry
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the response. It's not the 2.0 version. It does however look like it comes with a Mil-spec carbine receiver extension. Would I still need to buy the spring and castle nut?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Our SBA3 braces each came with a receiver extension and the brace. (We also bought some braces only as future replacements.) We re-used our original springs, buffers, and castle nuts. Just be aware if you are buying the brace only or the brace and receiver extension (the tube). If you already have your buffer, spring, and castle nut, you should be all right. ETA: If you don't have your buffer, spring, castle nut; you will have to purchase those.

Product includes:

Brace
   7075 mil-spec carbine receiver extension
   Adjustable nylon strap

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba4/
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our SBA3 braces each came with a receiver extension and the brace. (We also bought some braces only as future replacements.) We re-used our original springs, buffers, and castle nuts. Just be aware if you are buying the brace only or the brace and receiver extension (the tube). If you already have your buffer, spring, and castle nut, you should be all right. ETA: If you don't have your buffer, spring, castle nut; you will have to purchase those.

View Quote

Thanks JmE.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got the SBA4 brace and buffer tube. She is a beaut! Makes the shockwave blade look and feel cheap.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top