Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2019 8:57:53 PM EDT
Hi all,

Looking to build my first AR Pistol, mostly for range/fun. I will build something more purposeful down the road. I am looking to spend ~$750 total.

I would like to build something with black outer but silver peeking through tastefully from internals etc. I have seen a couple people build them this way but no parts were listed and I'm honestly not sure what I'm looking for.

My questions are, in your opinion, which parts could be silver and would provide a tasteful amount of accent on the gun? I don't want to overdo it. A point in the right direction on some ideas/parts would be great. I can only search for the past 30 days in here so it's hard to use the search function to find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for your help. Going to read the stickies now.

Trey
Tampa, FL
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
V7 titanium parts
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V7 titanium parts
View Quote
Thanks so much!

Edit: That doesn't sound cheap lol
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to do the same thing when I built my first AR last year.  I went with an Accent kit in NiB-X (closes thing to affordable silver I could find at the time) from WMD Guns.  Wing Tactical has them for sale.  They call it an accent kit, but it is a full lower parts kit (sans grip and stock).

The end result is matte finish, so not shiney, but I like the way it looks, especially with a NiB BCG.

Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Anderson stainless lpk and the rest from ar15 xtreme, you can even shop for ss port door rod and spring, try red x arms, ebay can even get you a ss c clip. The bad ass ss ambi safety  doesn't play well with extended take down pin, may have to whack part of it off. Good luck it will look nice, I have done it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top