Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2018 4:25:05 PM EDT
Fellows. The 420rnd Sealed Cans of Federal XM193C1 comes on strippers. Never having loaded AR magazines off of strippers I would like to know if you need another "tool/adapter" to load standard  20rnd metal magazines from these strippers?

Thanks,
ptf18
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There should be a spoon in the can.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There should be a spoon in the can.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Usually more than one but yeah you do unless you want to take them off the clips
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Usually more than one but yeah you do unless you want to take them off the clips
View Quote
...or buy a StripLULA, which is far superior to the included spoon, and will let you quickly load mags from loose bulk ammo as well as from stripper clips.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Fellows.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, get the StripLULA version 2! It is soooo much better!
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...or buy a StripLULA, which is far superior to the included spoon, and will let you quickly load mags from loose bulk ammo as well as from stripper clips.
View Quote
Striplula is awesome!

Super fast, super convenient, and no more thumb dmaahing or hard surface requirement.

I'm going to buy a few spares. Super easy to use with pmags or in a pinch, USGI magazines.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
As said the Lula will make things a lot easier

Quoted:
I must be doing it wrong. I've yet to effectively load rounds using stripper clips/spoon in USGI mags.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I must be doing it wrong. I've yet to effectively load rounds using stripper clips/spoon in USGI mags.
View Quote
push harder, nancy
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I hold the mag and push the rounds in with side of wooden bench but still not easy. I will check into a StripLULA
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Some strippers load like butter. ZZIIPP and all rounds are in the mag. And some strippers get stuck, jam 2 rounds in the mag lips, spill rounds out all over, or simply refuse to load a single round no matter how hard to push. They each have their own personality, like women.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
this... striplula for the win
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're probably the worst clips ever.  I don't use them because I'm afraid I'll push so hard I'll break a magazine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buy a StripLULA friend.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I reload and put my reloads on stripper clips.  Use a Striplula to load mags. Now only if they made one for AUG mags
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Watch a youtube clip. Keep your finger or thumb as close to the base as possible. When it stops on you just let up a little then push again. Mostly what you are trying to do is go really fast. Oh and put the base of the mag on your chest
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe its an old dog new trick kind of problem. Are you able to load a revolver with a speedloader? Or is that too new also?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive never had issues but Ive only opened and shot maybe 4 of them. That is SHTF stash material.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

push harder, nancy
View Quote
It helps to push in the right place, too.  Push just in front of the clip, so your thumb barely misses rubbing the clip.  Sometimes it helps to shake a clip a little bit, because the phosphate coating on the clip can grip the case rims pretty tightly - shaking helps loosen them up.

At Lackland AFB's range, where the Basic Trainees get to actually touch weapons, it's not uncommon to find clips that are actually ridged - the kids push at the shoulder HARD and the brass bends the clips pretty badly.  Sad to say, but Combat Arms doesn't do well by those kids.

Edit to add: And I've been a believer in the StripLULA for a very long time.  I'm gonna have to pick up a Version 2 just to see what's different about it.  I've used mine both with and without clips (you just have to avoid spilling the loose rounds), and it makes every single clip, new or old, tight or loose, load the mag almost as easily as "pouring" rounds into it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It helps to push in the right place, too.  Push just in front of the clip, so your thumb barely misses rubbing the clip.  Sometimes it helps to shake a clip a little bit, because the phosphate coating on the clip can grip the case rims pretty tightly - shaking helps loosen them up.

At Lackland AFB's range, where the Basic Trainees get to actually touch weapons, it's not uncommon to find clips that are actually ridged - the kids push at the shoulder HARD and the brass bends the clips pretty badly.  Sad to say, but Combat Arms doesn't do well by those kids.

Edit to add: And I've been a believer in the StripLULA for a very long time.  I'm gonna have to pick up a Version 2 just to see what's different about it.  I've used mine both with and without clips (you just have to avoid spilling the loose rounds), and it makes every single clip, new or old, tight or loose, load the mag almost as easily as "pouring" rounds into it.
View Quote
There's a newer striplula?

Huh.

The one I picked up to give it a try has made me want to stripper clip everything. So easy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There's a newer striplula?

Huh.

The one I picked up to give it a try has made me want to stripper clip everything. So easy.
View Quote
It looks like the difference is that the new one can also use RUAG plastic strippers as well as US clips.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I think that's the one I have with the main and the backup spare.

And that 1005 FSC though
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I reload and put my reloads on stripper clips.  Use a Striplula to load mags. Now only if they made one for AUG mags
View Quote
http://www.maglula.com/product/steyr-aug-5-56-223-striplula-10rd-loader/
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I really like the plastic stripper clips I get with Geco ammo. Way better than the metal ones.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, I highly suggest the StripLula.

Even works without stripper clips, just slide in ten rounds of loose ammo and shove em home...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:26:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Some strippers load like butter. ZZIIPP and all rounds are in the mag. And some strippers get stuck, jam 2 rounds in the mag lips, spill rounds out all over, or simply refuse to load a single round no matter how hard to push. They each have their own personality, like women.
View Quote
I don't want to think about strippers that aren't women.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, I highly suggest the StripLula.

Even works without stripper clips, just slide in ten rounds of loose ammo and shove em home...
View Quote
Really!? Post 5.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top