Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2022 12:27:20 AM EDT
Any experience with one? How is the rigidity?

I am interested in using one with a tucked can.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got one on their Ion Hyperlight. It’s way stiffer than it looks and is super light. Since carbon fiber is a poor conductor of heat it should protect your hands from burns way better than aluminum too.

Lancer Systems is the actual maker I think by the way, but makes them for Faxon in the way Faxon makes stuff for Q
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The stiffness and rigidity were my primary concerns. I have a BAD carbon fiber HG and if I squeeze it as hard as I can with my left hand it will flex a bit. But it’s design doesn’t have an aluminum ring on the distal end whereas the Faxon does so I think that is a design flaw from BAD. So I’m looking to replace it.

I use it on a 6” BLK with a tucked can, so carbon fiber was chosen for the heat protection.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any experience with one? How is the rigidity?

I am interested in using one with a tucked can.

Thanks
View Quote

It’s pretty good in terms of rigidity.  Not great, but certainly better than CODA.  I have one on a 3-Gun stick and I’m pretty happy with it. I don’t know if I’d go so far as to call it “duty grade” for really hard use, but fine for general use. Take this with a grain of salt though because I haven’t had one shift or fail in any way just kind of a general feeling I have. I also haven’t really beaten on it.

To step up in terms of rigidity look at Smoke Composites.  They’re better in every way. I’d use one on a duty gun and not think twice. I’ve beat the shit out of them and they’ve been awesome.

CODA? I’ve fucked them up by having them fall over on a hardwood floor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It’s pretty good in terms of rigidity.  Not great, but certainly better than CODA.  I have one on a 3-Gun stick and I’m pretty happy with it. I don’t know if I’d go so far as to call it “duty grade” for really hard use, but fine for general use. Take this with a grain of salt though because I haven’t had one shift or fail in any way just kind of a general feeling I have. I also haven’t really beaten on it.

To step up in terms of rigidity look at Smoke Composites.  They’re better in every way. I’d use one on a duty gun and not think twice. I’ve beat the shit out of them and they’ve been awesome.

CODA? I’ve fucked them up by having them fall over on a hardwood floor.
View Quote

The smoke design looks like the BAD, in that the distal end does not have an aluminum cap. Can you not flex the smoke by squeezing it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The smoke design looks like the BAD, in that the distal end does not have an aluminum cap. Can you not flex the smoke by squeezing it?
View Quote

If you stick it in a vice, maybe.

For one application I use them in I cut off the top half for about four inches and even with half removed I can only get it to flex if I really bare down on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had one on my 12.5", and I couldn't flex it to save my life. Smoke probably makes the BAD one, but BAD seems to have requested larger cutouts which is probably the reason why it might not be as rigid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top