Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2021 9:06:48 PM EDT
What’s your favorite linear comp or blast can?
Looking for something to tame a 11.5 build. It won’t be under the handguard so that’s why leaning toward linear comp.

Looking at the kaw valley… good reviews and looks sleek.
Better options than this?

I have a 10,5 PSA with a blast can and it works well. The 11.5 with a2 has significantly more blast and perceived sound than the 10.5 with blast can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked the KVP compensator, but ultimately got rid of it…

Ended up with a Griffin Mini Flash Hider, and their Taper Mount Blast Shield. Main reason… I have a Bushwhacker 46 sitting in jail, which will be going on my AR pistol once it is freed.

I kind of have been moving towards the Griffin line with most of my semi-autos. I have a few with the Mini Flash Hider, but started moving into the Mini Muzzle Brake. A LOT easier to install, by the way.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for something to tame a 11.5 build. It won’t be under the handguard so that’s why leaning toward linear comp.

I have a 10,5 PSA with a blast can and it works well. The 11.5 with a2 has significantly more blast and perceived sound than the 10.5 with blast can.
View Quote

I have a KV on one of my pistols. It indeed directs down range a bit but I'm just not that impressed. I'm sure it's not so much the brand as it is the concept. For the money, give a basic nothing A1/A2 flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Warden.
I think its linear, boom goes forward, yeah.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used BRT on 300blk and X39 8" barrels. Also got Kineti-Tech on a couple as well. I think they all do about the same.

I just bought the shorty brake from this company and have the blast shield for when I don't want the neighbors to be annoyed. https://breekarms.com/upper-parts/muzzle-devices/ It looks of decent quality and actually timed correctly on the barrel without a fuss.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a KV on one of my pistols. It indeed directs down range a bit but I'm just not that impressed. I'm sure it's not so much the brand as it is the concept. For the money, give a basic nothing A1/A2 flash hider.
View Quote

I have an A2 on it now and it’s a bit ridiculous when standing near it… significantly more so than my 10.5 with flash can on it.
I need to tame it a bit as the a2 isn’t doing it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have an A2 on it now and it’s a bit ridiculous when standing near it… significantly more so than my 10.5 with flash can on it.
I need to tame it a bit as the a2 isn’t doing it.
View Quote

Cool. Just my experience. Sound of explosion can be 24 inches from ears for a shooter or 26 inches. No discernible difference imo. And with any decent hearing protection, the words "too loud" is ridiculous. I have actually seen members here whine about "too loud" when wearing muffs. Not even a Nitro Express is too loud with decent hearing protection.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The troy claymore is pretty sweet and doesn't weigh a ton. If you want a massive one the pws cqb is pretty neat also
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got the kineti-tech and must say I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#10]
On a 7.5" I tried the KVP = fireball city, as in: obstructed target. Switched to a PWS CQB556 Gen 2 = perfect, but heavy AF. Hated 7.5", so re-barreled to 11.3" and went with a Precision Armament EFAB and it was great. I'd go regular type flash hider on 11.5" personally.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
BRT covert comp on a 10.5.  Seems to work well and keeps close to the classic AR look.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BRT covert comp on a 10.5.  Seems to work well and keeps close to the classic AR look.
View Quote

+1
I run a BRT convert comp on a 7.5" 5.56 and it works great..

The BRT is also A2 flash hider sized, so suppressors with an A2 mounting, clip right on.
Something to consider for future upgrades.

KVP linear comps work well too, if you never want to get a can.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Here’s an option that works with an A2 bird cage.  You do have to buy a tool in addition to the blast deflector.  I use one on a 10.5” pistol and it does what it’s supposed to as far as directing blast down range.  But flash suppression depends primarily on the powder used in whatever ammo I’m running.

https://www.thordsencustoms.com/bd-180-blast-deflector-kits-r2/.html

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the Maxim Hate Brake on my new PDW and it would be my top choice if I have to buy another.
Attachment Attached File

I also have the SureFire Warden DT on a 10.3"bbl AR and it works great but not as effective overall as the Maxim.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Guntec Spitfire is best and looks the coolest.  Works better than any comp I’ve used and I’ve used several (KVP, Archon, a few cheap ones)

https://guntecusa.com/product/ar-300-blackout-muzzle-comp-with-qd-blast-shield/
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 2:55:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

ballistic advantage kuuma comp v.2 I've got a v.4 also but it's just sitting in a drawer. Unfortunately I don't think BA makes them anymore
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Guntec Spitfire is best and looks the coolest.  Works better than any comp I’ve used and I’ve used several (KVP, Archon, a few cheap ones)

https://guntecusa.com/product/ar-300-blackout-muzzle-comp-with-qd-blast-shield/
View Quote

I have some knock-offs like that, but they are brakes.   I have not shot them yet because the muzzle shield is steel (similar to Guntec at 9.6 oz's), which makes the whole package super heavy.  I'm guessing steel is needed for .308 blast...as opposed to the much milder .300blk blast.  I have Guntec and KAK standard flash cans, which I like because they are so light weight.  I need to find aluminum shields that will fit onto the brakes.  

To clarify, I now use nothing but KAK micro flash cans on my .300blk uppers, which are the same length as an A2, but are lighter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Black River Tactical is what OP seeks.

Also consider the different but effective KAK flash can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Levang on a 7.5inch upper and Kaw Valley on a 12inch upper.  Both seem to work well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
First time seeing that brake from Maxim, I am really digging it, have any other angles of it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First time seeing that brake from Maxim, I am really digging it, have any other angles of it?
View Quote

Maxim HateBrake
@USMC59
My HateBrake was designed and built by Maxim specifically for the Springfield Armory Saint PDW. It is tapered into the handguard unlike the original HateBrake. It offers the same performance with a slight design modification in order to fit inside the thinner profile handguard of the Saint Edge and Victor PDW.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#23]
@USMC59
Attachment Attached File

The Maxim PDX offers a larger diameter handguard to accommodate the HateBrake being partially inserted/ covered by the handguard. That's how it accommodates the full size HateBrake.

Here is an XDMAN video of the Springfield Saint HateBrake removal. It really displays the differences.
Springfield Armory PDW Hate Break Removal
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Indian Creek Design BFD.

Threads on over any typical comp/brake/FH up to 1" diameter, so you can choose to use it or not as needed.

$49.99 at PA during Black Friday sale

https://www.primaryarms.com/indian-creek-design-.5in-blast-forward-muzzle-device-w-thread-protector
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Simple Threaded Device

https://simplethreadeddevices.square.site/
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top