Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 11:06:19 AM EDT
I know this topic has been asked the thousand times but at this point my head is ready to explode with all the options as to which light to put on my AR pistol.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Primary arms if your on a real tight budget, streamlight isn’t a whole lot more though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight Rail Mount 1. Wouldn't skimp too much on a weapon mounted light.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep your eye out in the EE. I ended up with a Streamlight TLR-1 and Magpul Cantelevier mount for right around $50. Perfect for my use on my AR pistol
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Primary arms if your on a real tight budget, streamlight isn’t a whole lot more though.
View Quote
Do both. PA is having some good deals right now on Streamlight stuff; really worth a look.

Rail Mount 1 Compact but nowhere near as bright.

Rail Mount 2

If that won't light you up...

This will.  Did some testing last night with some casual strollers down the road (sorry guys). This sucker is for real.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do both. PA is having some good deals right now on Streamlight stuff; really worth a look.

Rail Mount 2

This will.  Did some testing last night with some casual strollers down the road (sorry guys). This sucker is for real.
View Quote
If you go the Streamlight HL-X route,  I'd recommend the rail mount version (I've got 3 of them with Cloud Defensive LCS) over the handheld version linked above. Essentially the same light but designed for weapon mounting using industry standard scout mounts. That's not to say you can't mount a handheld light using ring mounts, I'm just more of a "use the tool as it was designed" kind of guy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you go the Streamlight HL-X route,  I'd recommend the rail mount version (I've got 3 of them with Cloud Defensive LCS) over the handheld version linked above.
View Quote
Totally concur; if I hadn't been replacing a light in an existing mount situation I'd have been all over the rail package.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Rail Mount 2

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rail Mount 2

I was gonna suggest an Olight Valkyrie II as a “FUCK YO EYES” option, but I believe that Streamlight has ya covered...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top