Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2022 11:11:37 AM EDT
I've put off getting on the AR10/308 bandwagon for too long.  Looking for a solid off the shelf AR10/308 and settled on these two.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've put off getting on the AR10/308 bandwagon for too long.  Looking for a solid off the shelf AR10/308 and settled on these two.

View Quote

I vote POF Rogue 16.5" .308.

6lbs empty, uses lots of AR15 parts, including handguards and charging handles. Awesome capability in a compact, lightweight package that costs under $1600.

Oh, and mine shoots Hornady 168gr Amax factory loads into about 2" at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of the box, the Sig all day.

The M5’s merit comes entirely from the ability to build it as you want, not because Aero builds a great out of the box 308. Aero rails suck, and I’m not a fan of hit or miss Ballistic Advantage barrel quality.

Even building, by the time you get to an M5 that compares to the Sig, you’ve surpassed it in budget. The Sig 716i is dirt cheap, but only because they’ve made a couple hundred thousand of them. If not for the India contract, the Sig would probably be considerably more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

6lbs empty, uses lots of AR15 parts, including handguards and charging handles. Awesome capability in a compact, lightweight package that costs under $1600.

Oh, and mine shoots Hornady 168gr Amax factory loads into about 2" at 200 yards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of these seem to be solid choices for the money.  I personally would go with the Rogue due to the weight, although it seems to have some more priority parts.  The Sig seems to have a good bit of support since it was originally a military rifle - India IIRC?   Aero has kept their line around and has lots of options also, I've seen nice examples of all 3.  Rogue definitely wins for weight.

I think the Larue Ultimate Upper would be a great way to go if they are selling them again.

ETA:  (forgot that OP wanted a factory rifle) As the post above says, for a factory rifle, the Sig is very hard to beat - Grabagun will have some really good deals on these at times, right now it is around $1550 but they have other options and you can put in your email to be notified when in stock.  The one with the scope is a fairly good deal when in stock.

716i

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you can build an equivalent rifle for the same price as a 716i, let alone a better rifle.  I really enjoy mine. If I do my part it's a reliably accurate shooter. Only thing I'd recommend you change is the trigger, stock one kind of sucks.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top