Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2019 10:05:31 AM EDT
Hello Guys,

I was in a hunt of a 20". First I was going to go cheap with PSA assembled uppers, Then I looked at the BCM... Hmmm Then I forgot that I E-mailed a while ago Craig Haas from Ohio Ordinance Works about when their FN M16A4 upper. He sent me an e-mail that they have a few back in stock. Man, just in time that I was hunting for a 20" in a while. These uppers suppose to be taken off from Mil M16A4. I believe it is a good deal considering that It comes with Kas rail and carry handle and that the fact that they are authentic NOS real Mil uppers.

Does anyone have one of these?  Whats the background on these uppers?

They had 7 in stock yesterday. Now 5 of today 04.19.2019.   I ordered one couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know much about them, but a couple outfits have been listing them on gunbroker as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one off of gunbroker about a month ago for my M16A4 clone. It shoots great and makes nice tight groups though my TA02 ACOG when I do my part

It’s nice to have an original military FN M16A4 upper with the KAC rail and covers and it was a great deal IMO, you’ll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
As you can see by the "sold out" banners, they have had a few different variations recently.

If you look at the description on these, they state they come with P&S RAS, not KAC, even though the pictures show KAC, and they don't show how the barrels are stamped.  Some were FN cage code marked, the Sabre ones were FNMI marked.  I have picked up a couple of the different iterations.  They all arrived as described and appeared to be in perfectly new condition, save for the occasional nick or ding which are described as handling marks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#4]
OOW has 2 of the FN M16A4 uppers left. For $495 you get a complete M5 RAS along with a legit carrying handle. Not bad in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OOW has 2 of the FN M16A4 uppers left. For $495 you get a complete M5 RAS along with a legit carrying handle. Not bad in my opinion.
View Quote
Purchased NOS on the EE a while back, barrel cage code 3S679 MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 stamped. Very nice shooter, do not hesitate to snag one if you are in the market.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you guys!  I'm sure it will be a great upper!    I'll check the barrel cage code when it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, received the upper very nicely. Some dings here and there from storage and handling but as they stated they are NOS. The inside receiver has no marks of being used. Has the correct rifle upper with rifle ramps extension. Took off the rails. I saw what it appears a date on the barrel near the hand guard cap. I believe it is stamp 10/14 01/14. The upper has the F and another mark, probably A forging Square forging, not sure need to check that again. All I remember is the Front barrel is stamp 3S679 MP 5.56 NATO 1/7. Need to check the FSB too but I saw an F and other marks A2 stamp. Carry handle has square forging. The barrel, FSB and A2 FH has a very grey-ish finish but turned dark after a couple drops of oil. I'll check it later.

Ivan
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Complete FN UPPER M16-A4 w/ KAC M5 Rail from Shark Arms.com And I am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Got mine off GB a few weeks back. Same condition, square forge marks on receiver and carry handle. Didn’t pull the KAC rail off to confirm date, but curious if the barrels are from the same era. Taper pins in the FSB had dabs of gray paint covering their ends. The $69 A. O. precision BCGs are a great non-logo’d option for these.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got mine off GB a few weeks back. Same condition, square forge marks on receiver and carry handle. Didn’t pull the KAC rail off to confirm date, but curious if the barrels are from the same era. Taper pins in the FSB had dabs of gray paint covering their ends. The $69 A. O. precision BCGs are a great non-logo’d option for these.
View Quote
Similar paint on mine but mine is on the sling swivel. I had the same thoughts about the BCG lol . I got the non-logo'd AO BCG from Right to Bear Arms. Very impressed with the staked keys. Much better than my Spikes BCG and well priced. I'm still waiting on the lpk and A2 stock. I decided to give a try to the Trinity A2 stock since I can't find reviews. Trinity claims these has a lifetime warranty so lets see. Only thing is the butt plate is different and hopefully have the same dimensions as the regular butt plate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree - very impressed with the AO bcg.  I didn’t realize how hard it was to find an A2 stock until I decided to build an A4!  I hope the trinity stock works out for you - can’t tell if the buttplate is one- piece with the rest of the stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top