Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 2:59:32 PM EDT
I purchased a 16" upper from FM and shot 100 rounds through it last weekend.
It functioned very well and was allot of fun.
While cleaning out the bolt I noticed that there seemed to be excessive wear on the part that catches the LRBHO latch.
The photo isn't that great, but the worn area feels jagged and small pieces of aluminum were chipping off.
I was just wondering if this is worth mentioning to FM Products.
Their customer service has been great so far and I don't want to waste their time.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of possibilities for that wear. I'd just contact FM.

If you can, try to find and take a picture of where the bolt is shaving off metal or causing the impact damage. It could be anywhere along the bottom travel path or below the chamber face. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Which lower receiver are you using?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which lower receiver are you using?
View Quote

It's an FM9 lower.
The LRBHO has the same damage, only in the opposite direction.
It's as if the edge of the bolt smacked the edge of the LRBHO post and the corner of each of them got peeled back a bit.
I have an FM 5" upper as well and I haven't tried using it since I noticed this.
I also have an MVB upper with a KAK bolt and it seems to work fine. No perceivable wear on the that bolt.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What buffer and spring are you using?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:01:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The one that came with the lower is factory.
I believe it's a .308 spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top